Page 1 of 2
I'm getting tired of listening to the same crap over an over, and I need a recommendations of albums that are a bit of the classic rock/rock and roll type that I would enjoy, modern or not. (Most of the classic rock albums I already have unless its of the underground type.)...well....alright......
Stray from P diddy I can tell you that much hahhaa

Check out

Guns N Roses - Appetite for Destruction
Silvertide- Show N Tell
Pearl Jam - Ten
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Motley Crue
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
Stray from P diddy I can tell you that much hahhaa

Check out

Guns N Roses - Appetite for Destruction
Silvertide- Show N Tell
Pearl Jam - Ten
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Motley Crue

I have all of those :|, and two of the albums you listed I played so much that I am sick of death with them (AFD and Ten)

Edit: For the last time people I don't like p diddy lol ( I know your joking by the way)
lol I figured you probably where. I dont know what to say than im pretty sure you have most of what I'd suggest. How bout Pantera , Metallica , Skid Row?

EDIT: I've played a song from AFD almost every day and I love that Album timeless stuff , do you have the use your illusions?
Jimmy Herring...that guy is so insane.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
Sonata Arctica
Ensiferum
Finntroll
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Kasabian maybe. They're pretty awesome. or Wolfmother...
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
i think youd like wolfmother
GEAR
Natural Gibson Explorer
Epiphone Sg/Line 6 Variax Mix Custom
Ovation Standard Elite
Sunburst Johnson Bass
Pearl Vision Drum Set
MG250DFX Marshall Stereo Combo Amp
MG412 Marshall Cab
Line 6 DL-4 Delay
Line 6 FM-4 Modulator
Quote by The Madcap
Classical Music

x2. Exactly what I was thinking.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
Rush.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by BerryTree
I'm getting tired of listening to the same crap over an over, and I need a recommendations of albums that are a bit of the classic rock/rock and roll type that I would enjoy, modern or not. (Most of the classic rock albums I already have unless its of the underground type.)...well....alright......

Yeah, you're tired of the same ****, yet you enjoy the same ****....

Check out Radiohead, Blur, Sigur Ros, Do Make Say Think, Menomena, Matthew Good Band, Incubus, The Flaming Lips, Ben Folds Five, Boards of Canada, and The Arcade Fire (although they are a bit overrated.)
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
get hold of some acoustic blues: Robert Johnson, leadbelly, John lee Hooker etc.

and some face melting Metal
Those with the heart and the brain to get past this can spot a pathetic without even asking.
Quote by killthekingx
I heard Job for a cowboy was good.

I don't listen to country though.

lol

LAWL!
Call me Trey.
Quote by AAAALLFF
get hold of some acoustic blues: Robert Johnson, leadbelly, John lee Hooker etc.

and some face melting Metal

the hold steady - separation sunday
ted leo and the pharmacists - hearts of oak

they're both modern bands (these are both albums, btw), but i think they have an edge to them that could attract a classic rock listener. only thing about the hold steady is some people think the 'singer' has a really annoying voice. i don't notice though.

here's a sample song for each band:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J4yeECuS8o8
http://youtube.com/watch?v=P0vgZPd0Bsg -- ignore the gay video and listen to the song
#DTWD
I started at classic rock and evolved from there to heavier music. I suggest you try listening to a few metal bands.

Opeth
Dream Theatre
Tool
Alice in Chains
PANTERA!!!
Iced Earth?
badlands but make sure its the one with jake e lee a really crappy band shares the name there 3 cds are badlands, voodoo highway, and dusk
Quote by Muphin
Yeah, you're tired of the same ****, yet you enjoy the same ****....

Check out Radiohead, Blur, Sigur Ros, Do Make Say Think, Menomena, Matthew Good Band, Incubus, The Flaming Lips, Ben Folds Five, Boards of Canada, and The Arcade Fire (although they are a bit overrated.)

well...yea.....lol I don't mean **** like bad......

I heard good things from wolfmother, but I heard they were a bit on the cliche side...Im bout to get the album since I think they're what I would like, thanks for the recommendations guys.

65daysofstatic - http://www.myspace.com/11488230
God is an Astronaut - http://www.myspace.com/godisanastronaut
Alcest - http://myspace.com/alcestmusic

Great stuff. The first two are post-rock, whereas Alcest is a black metal band-turned shoegaze.

wow that band is pretty good
Last edited by BerryTree at Jul 18, 2007,
Well you can't go wrong with buying every Pink Floyd and David Gilmour album. Then you'll never get bored.
Quote by Kulvin
Well you can't go wrong with buying every Pink Floyd and David Gilmour album. Then you'll never get bored.

Because you'll kill yourself...

I second Kings of Leon
Quote by DiabloViper
I started at classic rock and evolved from there to heavier music. I suggest you try listening to a few metal bands.

Opeth
Dream Theatre
Tool
Alice in Chains
PANTERA!!!
Iced Earth?

I got most of these 'cept for opeth, I wanted to listen to them for the longest time, imma check them out aswell.

Quote by primusfan
the hold steady - separation sunday
ted leo and the pharmacists - hearts of oak

they're both modern bands (these are both albums, btw), but i think they have an edge to them that could attract a classic rock listener. only thing about the hold steady is some people think the 'singer' has a really annoying voice. i don't notice though.

here's a sample song for each band:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J4yeECuS8o8
http://youtube.com/watch?v=P0vgZPd0Bsg -- ignore the gay video and listen to the song

I like it, he has a michael stipe type thing about his voice (If you know what I mean.) It reminds me of rem.
Last edited by BerryTree at Jul 18, 2007,
Quote by BerryTree
wow that band is pretty good

Yeah I luvs dem. And yeah, srsly. Listen to Opeth.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by BerryTree
I got most of these 'cept for opeth, I wanted to listen to them for the longest time, imma check them out aswell.

****ING INCREDIBLE BAND.

You might be turned off at first, but I suggest you start listening to their early stuff first and then move on to see what you're into. It's one of those bands that you gotta have patience with.
Quote by BerryTree

I like it, he has a michael stipe type thing about his voice (If you know what I mean.) It reminds me of rem.

lol maybe. i can't think of anything like him. i think it works though. which song did you listen to? i switched URLs on your because i think "stevie nix" is a better song than "stuck between stations". "stevie nix" also has awesome piano/guitar solos. and the best line from any song ever "she got screwed up by religion, she got screwed by soccer players" and "the nurses were making jokes about the ER being kinda like an afterbar"
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
lol maybe. i can't think of anything like him. i think it works though. which song did you listen to? i switched URLs on your because i think "stevie nix" is a better song than "stuck between stations". "stevie nix" also has awesome piano/guitar solos.

STUCK BETWEEN STATIONS - The Hold Steady

Imm listen to the other one
Teenagers by My Chemical Romance, it actually is a full out classic rock song.
Page 1 of 2