Hello.

I curently have two guitars. An awesome ibanez and a ****ty fender squier.
But now i am going to customize the fender and make it badass.

I'm gonna put an ibanez rg neck on it, a floyd rose, emg 81 85 pickups, and i am going to paint it and do a lot of other stuff to it. It'll be badass. I already sanded the paint off and now im saving up to buy all the parts. I'll post pics when im done.

Please let me know if you have any advice or tips or suggestions on putting an rg neck, a floyd rose, or painting on the fender body or just any other random tips or advice.

Thanks
Make sure that RG neck is not a 24 fret, it WILL NOT work in a strat body if it is.
Current Gear
Ibanez RG1570 - Going bye bye
Jackson DK2 - Eventually will be replaced with Maton Mastersound
Peavey valveking 212
Various EHX and Boss effects
1. Chances are the neck won't fit. Scale length and number of frets may be a problem also.
2. It's going to cost a decent amount of money to have the guitar routed for a Floyd if you're not confident to do it yourself, not taking into account the cost of the Floyd itself.
3. EMG's aren't going to make your guitar sound a hell of a lot better. In fact, it will probably make it sound a bit worse and you'll have no sort of decent cleans.

While it's a good idea, you mightn't have thought it out to well. No doubt you can buy a guitar with the specs you want for a lot less than modding your Squier.
By all means, still feel free to have a go with it - this is just my advice.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
If you bring it to a shop to rout it for a FR it will cost almost $200 not including the price of the trem ($185). And an EMG set is $200ish (I think but not sure). The neck WILL not fit unless you get this guitar: http://cgi.ebay.com/IBANEZ-GRX-40-JB-Electric-Guitar_W0QQitemZ170131111115QQihZ007QQcategoryZ33043QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemand take the neck from it and put it on. The thing is it isn't routed for a floyd nut...
Not worth it IMO.
If you want to mod a guitar into those specifications then get a Kramer. I always see them pop up on Ebay for extremly cheap prices.
http://instruments.search.ebay.com/kramer_Musical-Instruments_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQcatrefZC12QQfromZR40QQsacatZ619
because i was just doing this for fun cuz i had a **** fender sitting around not being used. THANKS EVERYONE FOR TALKING ME OUT OF IT AND SAVING ME ALOT OF MONEY :HEADBANG:
Dblanks
Shred

Soon to be a proud owner of a custom ibanez with a mahogany body, EMG 81 85 pickups, Floyd Rose, Ibanez Neck, Custom Paint Job(Not Sure Yet Wut Color, Let Me Know If You Have Any Cool Ideas)