Page 1 of 20
So I checked and there is no Faith No More Thread .... what the hell guys you cant talk about modern rock without talking about Faith No More. Ask alot of bands out there today and ask what they say about Faith No More you will be surpised at the smile on there face when you say that name I mean Mike Pattons vocals Bill Gould's bass, Jim Martin's guitar, Mike Bordin which wow you talk about a drummer its like hes got 6 arms. And Roddy Bottum he made the keyboard kinda cool. Also after Martin left, Jon Hudson he was pretty good even though that was after major success, but yeah Faith No More was f-ing great and no one every likes to admit it so yeah what do you guys think.... discuss.
Sitting on the edge of nowhere.
Watch Out or Ill Steal Your Girlfriend... or Wife.
Roll Tide
Great band! All I own is The Real Thing, but it's a solid album. Favorite song is probably the War Pigs cover.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Kartman
Great band! All I own is The Real Thing, but it's a solid album. Favorite song is probably the War Pigs cover.

best cover ever !!! sorry GNR knocking on heavens door and RIP Jimi All along the Watchtower was good i mean it did make you a billboard's charts 1 hit wonder. Bet some of yall didnt know that
Roll Tide
Faith No More - keyboards = best band ever
"That was it, a nick. Now happily paid for. [...] It was decided that it was so far away in time and influence that...well, you only get caught when you're successful. That's the game". Robert Plant
TS you know Trey Spruance from Bungle played on King for a day..... etc.

My favourite Faith no more album is def Angel Dust then real thing then King for a day..

Introduce yourself is pretty poor IMO except for we care alot but Mosely - Psh

Also i didn't even know there was a faith no more thread.

I suppose its just a matter of time before the RHCP are totally better than FNM **** kicks in. Thats if me mentioning it already hasn't started the madness.
^ dude FNM is what RHCP wishes they could have been everyone knows that ha ha
Roll Tide
faith no more rules!!! Hope I don't dissapoint anyone, but they basically created and influenced nu-metal
^ your right but in my book they are still funk metal I mean its that bad ass bass man
Roll Tide
Quote by Shaggy92
^ your right but in my book they are still funk metal I mean its that bad ass bass man
thats such a bull**** genre. there was nothing funk nor metal about FNM.
^ what Please dont get me started kid they won a metal grammy you idiot please the rules are if you dont know what your talking about then dont post. And com dude listen to epic and fall to pieces then come talk to me. now just like the baby on you avatar ... shhhhh go to sleep go to sleep shut your big ugly trap your dope and dont you cry and i hope you dont wake up
Roll Tide
Quote by browar
Faith No More - keyboards = best band ever

The keyboards are fantastic in FNM, geddoutahere!
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
please before you start posting about FNM not being metal listen to their music and these two songs in preticular ZOMBIE EATER and their cover of WAR PIGS by BLACK SABBATH you know the fathers of METAL thank you for your time jeez.
Roll Tide
I don't think they're metal. Their music is too varied for one genre, and most of it is too interesting for metal.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Hey i do guess what I have my own opinion of metal and they sound a little to me i mean they did influnce NU METAL. And not in a mean way but i see you are european so you do have a different look on what metal is so sorry if i offened you. But i am glad to see you listen to them
Roll Tide
There playing incorporates lots of different genres of music including funk and metal.

They are teh shreddzorz but none the less they are branded as Funk metal by most people.

They are not Nu-metal.

War pigs is metal and Jizzlobber - def metal but not all their songs are like that.

EDIT: and if you are gonna argue FNM don't play funk then its as easy to argue as RHCP don't play funk as well.
Last edited by str84ever at Jul 18, 2007,
^ thank you finally dude your my new best friend
Roll Tide
Well I listen to Faith No More from time to time, my favourites are Easy Like A Sunday Morning, War Pigs, Epic and Falling To Pieces. However, I did lose a bit of respect for Patton for the whole Wolfmother thing.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
Well I listen to Faith No More from time to time, my favourites are Easy Like A Sunday Morning, War Pigs, Epic and Falling To Pieces. However, I did lose a bit of respect for Patton for the whole Wolfmother thing.

Meh his opinion, i accept it.
^He shouldn't have taken it that far though, we could still hear him speak.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
^He shouldn't have taken it that far though, we could still hear him speak.

*shrugs* Maybe he just hates them??

Compared with his projects its alot more simple. I dunno.
Quote by Shaggy92
^ what Please dont get me started kid they won a metal grammy you idiot please the rules are if you dont know what your talking about then dont post.

FAIL #1

Grammy's don't mean ****. Jethro Tull and Slipknot have grammy's for metal . And it seems you love to mouth off whenever you please but don't care too much to hear other peoples opinions.

Quote by Shaggy92
please before you start posting about FNM not being metal listen to their music and these two songs in preticular ZOMBIE EATER and their cover of WAR PIGS by BLACK SABBATH you know the fathers of METAL thank you for your time jeez.

FAIL #2

Another "please". You really should stop begging it doesn't look good on your part. And Black Sabbath, although great, are hardly a representation of what metal is today. You have tunnel vision and maybe YOU should learn what metal is before you talk about it. Like you said "if you dont know what your talking about then dont post"

Quote by str84ever
EDIT: and if you are gonna argue FNM don't play funk then its as easy to argue as RHCP don't play funk as well.

FAIL #3

What's the point of bringing that up when no one in this thread was trying to say RHCP was a funk band? You're assuming things you don't know. And that is that Alucard doesn't care for RHCP.
No one knows what it's like... to be a dustbin... in Shaftesbury... with hooligans...
^
Quote by Shaggy92
^ what Please dont get me started kid they won a metal grammy you idiot please the rules are if you dont know what your talking about then dont post. And com dude listen to epic and fall to pieces then come talk to me. now just like the baby on you avatar ... shhhhh go to sleep go to sleep shut your big ugly trap your dope and dont you cry and i hope you dont wake up
you've made quite a fool of yourself here. idk, maybe if you realised that i have *every* FNM release and have listened to them umpteen times, maybe you would have kept your mouth shut. of if you realised that the people who run the grammies know **** all about music.
i think its you that has to learn what you're talking about
Quote by str84ever
There playing incorporates lots of different genres of music including funk and metal.
their playing incoroporated SOME elements of funk and metal, but then it also incorporated elements of a list of other genres. unless you want to call them funk jazz rock metal? didnt think so!
and im no expert on RHCP, but i dont see much funk influence in what they've done recently, so yeah, they dont play funk, if you take tenses into account.

Quote by rhcp_freak
I did lose a bit of respect for Patton for the whole Wolfmother thing.
hehe, no offence dude, but i dont think someone with the moniker "rhcp_freak" should be nay-saying Pattons negative attitude towards anyone
Last edited by Alucard II at Jul 18, 2007,
Faith No More=awesomeness. Epic is a fantastic song with a great solo in my opinion. And their Lionel Ritchie cover of Sunday Morning is also a great tune.
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
Angel Dust is my personal favorite. Patton is an amazing singer, very diverse
Quote by Alucard II
hehe, no offence dude, but i dont think someone with the moniker "rhcp_freak" should be nay-saying Pattons negative attitude towards anyone

Well I do listen to RHCP, FNM AND Wolfmother.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
hey sorry to anyone that i might have pissed off yesterday and Alucard II in a nice way i am going to say that faith no more in my opinion is metal I do liste to metal and sorry but black sabboth is the father of metal so please next time i do have an opinion dont say that it is bull**** to call faith no more metal I see you have good taste i music so why dont we jsut start over. HEY FNM F-Rocks who agrees
Roll Tide
Quote by jpx52
Angel Dust is my personal favorite. Patton is an amazing singer, very diverse

I would go far to say that Patton is one of the best rock singers - he is definitely up there.
Quote by Shaggy92
hey sorry to anyone that i might have pissed off yesterday and Alucard II in a nice way i am going to say that faith no more in my opinion is metal I do liste to metal and sorry but black sabboth is the father of metal so please next time i do have an opinion dont say that it is bull**** to call faith no more metal I see you have good taste i music so why dont we jsut start over. HEY FNM F-Rocks who agrees

Black Sabbath w/ Dio are the fathers of metal.

Ozzy just likes doing reality TV and duets with Jessica Simpson now.
No one knows what it's like... to be a dustbin... in Shaftesbury... with hooligans...
Quote by Shaggy92
Sabbath may be the fathers of metal, but just because a band covers one of their songs, that doesnt make them metal. i mean come on, they covered Lionel Ritchie as well. i just think you're taking one of their influences and placing them in a genre based on that, and ignoring a lot of other elements of the band.
but yes, FNM = ownage
no its not that Its just the way I see them they influenced NU metal in my opinion, but at the same time the Lionel Richie thing yeah that was also considered one of their worst albums... if im not mistaken ... who knows but no i got you confused with another person I was talking to about sabbath sorry about that but yeah I know that there are a lot of people that cant stand me right now but hey you go to admit I had some people talking on this thing yesterday ha ha. hey do you like avenge sevenfold
Roll Tide
Quote by Child Of Maiden
Black Sabbath w/ Dio are the fathers of metal.

Ozzy just likes doing reality TV and duets with Jessica Simpson now.

no im sorry i have to disagree with you on that Dio make have brought us the Horns but Ozzy brought us into the dark and he doesnt even do that show any more ... oh wait I forgot your a big maidan fan Im guessing you did like what sharon say about dickenson haha sorry i kinda thought what she said was funny but I still like both them
Roll Tide
How could you forget if you never knew? How do you know I'm not a Gigantic Tool fan and this isn't just some multi account? Eh... that's crazy talk.

But since we're on the subject, Maiden > anything Ozzy's ever done as well. And Dio still knows what metal is today and doesn't have bands like Static X headlining Ozzfest while great bands like Nile and Behemoth play the second stage. Not to mention Bruce doesn't have a disrespectful **** of a wife who is so unprofessional that she's sees it fit to pelt legends with eggs.

But hey, I don't need to prowl through your account info just to slam on your favorite bands. I think it's a lot more effective to just talk and give points rather than dissing on stuff other people like because you don't have anything else to say. The horns have nothing to do with who was better between Dio and Ozzy and neither does Maiden so there wasn't really any sense in you bringing them up. I think that might be why a lot of people can't stand you
Last edited by Child Of Maiden at Jul 19, 2007,
Quote by Child Of Maiden
How could you forget if you never knew? How do you know I'm not a Gigantic Tool fan and this isn't just some multi account? Eh... that's crazy talk.

But since we're on the subject, Maiden > anything Ozzy's ever done as well. And Dio still knows what metal is today and doesn't have bands like Static X headlining Ozzfest while great bands like Nile and Behemoth play the second stage. Not to mention Bruce doesn't have a disrespectful **** of a wife who is so unprofessional that she's sees it fit to pelt legends with eggs.

But hey, I don't need to prowl through your account info just to slam on your favorite bands. I think it's a lot more effective to just talk and give points rather than dissing on stuff other people like because you don't have anything else to say. The horns have nothing to do with who was better between Dio and Ozzy and neither does Maiden so there wasn't really any sense in you bringing them up. I think that might be why a lot of people can't stand you

dude Im tryin really hard too be nice to you and respect your opinion you could at least respect mine so please if you dont mind GET THE F**K OFF MY BACK DUDE
Roll Tide
You haven't really shown any attempts in my eyes but maybe I've just been playing with lazers. but you did just pretty much bring up Maiden just to spite me. And I'm not hunting you down or anything, you just happen to be posting in the same threads and we seem to disagree on just about everything. It happens. But most every post I've seen you make in regards to other peoples opinions has been negative not to mention the entire anti-RHCP thread you tried to start. Clean all that up and we're good.

But we like some of the same bands so there's common ground. It's just that I don't really like your attitude when other people disagree with you.
Quote by Child Of Maiden
You haven't really shown any attempts in my eyes but maybe I've just been playing with lazers. but you did just pretty much bring up Maiden just to spite me. And I'm not hunting you down or anything, you just happen to be posting in the same threads and we seem to disagree on just about everything. It happens. But most every post I've seen you make in regards to other peoples opinions has been negative not to mention the entire anti-RHCP thread you tried to start. Clean all that up and we're good.

But we like some of the same bands so there's common ground. It's just that I don't really like your attitude when other people disagree with you.

yeah well if you havent noticed I like maiden I think dickenson has one hell of a voice and he is one of the best singers of all time and it wasnt anti RHCP it was just an attempt to make a thread that doesnt involve a band that is over talked about I just get a little tired of hearing about them because I like RHCP I jsut dont like the people who can only talk about them and say that there is no other band that matters cause I my opinion Soundgarden if still around would play circle around them
Roll Tide