Basically I'm asking for a good exercise to reduce sloppiness when playing.
The 1234 exercise doesn't really help that much even when i mix the sequence up.
I want to feel more comfortable when playing guitar and not strain myself to play something correctly (although still badly ) or make a dozen mistakes.
For example I get to know a song pretty well but then when I try out other songs its almost like I'm starting out again.
Any tips or exercises?
Personally I would suggest getting lessons. It helps so much. There are so many little things and tips a teacher can give you that you can't get from people on a forum.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
Already do go to lessons, basically he just teaches me theory.
I would find a better teacher but there aren't much that I know of.
If you're straining to play something correctly, in my oppinion, you're not playing correctly. Slow down and play perfectly, it doesn't matter how slow you go. Try to minimise tension when you play, and practice playing slowly and perfectly.

Thats a very generic answer, so what exactly is sloppy about your technique?
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
I do quite some major mistakes, but then there are the minor mistakes, and I do a lot of them, they aren't so noticable but then they still make me sound like crap...
Quote by Virtuoso883
I do quite some major mistakes, but then there are the minor mistakes, and I do a lot of them, they aren't so noticable but then they still make me sound like crap...

Thats no more specific than before - if you tell us exactly what the mistakes you are making actually are then we will be able to help much better. At the moment all we've given is general, all-encompassing philosophy of technique. We need specifics.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Quote by Virtuoso883
Basically I'm asking for a good exercise to reduce sloppiness when playing.
The 1234 exercise doesn't really help that much even when i mix the sequence up.
I want to feel more comfortable when playing guitar and not strain myself to play something correctly (although still badly ) or make a dozen mistakes.
For example I get to know a song pretty well but then when I try out other songs its almost like I'm starting out again.
Any tips or exercises?

It's not about the exercises you do, it's how you do them. You're probably underestimating the difficulty of the exercises/songs you're playing and starting to play them too fast.

Quote by Freepower

And read what FP wrote. It's useful.
Buy yourself a miracle anti-sloppy-playing pill... it's available in every good store!

[/sarcasm]

If you were a baby and you said you wanted to run faster, well.. you'd need being able to walk first heh??

Start by walking (slow playing) then run (faster)... else you'll keep falling when running (sloppy)

End of the line: Practice as slow as it takes to be perfectly accurate, 0% sloppiness then speed up gradually while keeping the 0% sloppiness.... Else you won't be able to play clean and fast!
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!