I'd like to put locking tuners on my Schecter Hellraiser...

I don't know a lot about them, I don't have any trouble with my stock tuners goint out of tune, but I'd like to have locking tuners so string changing is faster and easier...

There probably won't be any in Black Chrome like the hellraiser hardware, so i would go for black ones...

And can i just put them on?
because i don't want to drill holes or do any modifications on my headstock!!!

so what modell and brand (link please) would you suggest and why?
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
but if it falls out and my guitar breaks i'm going to eat your first born.
...just so you know
I'd suggest either Planet Waves auto-trim locking tuners because they make string changes super quick and easy. (Not sure if they come in black, probably do though)

Or Sperzels are good too I have them on my ESP and they work great. They come in black of course.

You'll probably find you might have to drill a little hole for each one. I'm not sure which ones, if any, would be astraight swap.
I put Sperzels (black) on my Hellraiser (black). I'd never changed tuners before (or done any guitar mods) but I'm pretty comfortable with tools. You do have to drill and it was a bit nerve-wracking for me. If you take your time and are careful it's not a problem though. I had some gloss black touch-up paint that came with my car. I filled the existing tuner holes with wood putty and put a small dab of the touch up paint over them and it looks great. The Sperzels look great on the Hellraiser now too. I guess you can take it to a shop and get it done too if you're not comfortable.
i am totally unexperienced with tools and work like that, so i would prefer not doing any work like that...how much would a shop charge for work like that?
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
...just so you know
It's really nothing, a monkey could do it, at the most all you will have to do is drill 6 tiny holes for a lug to fit into maybe your dad or a friend or someone could do it, it's not hard or complicated.

I dunno about a shop doing it, probably wouldn't charge much if you buy the tuners from them aswell.

I'm pretty sure the Planet Waves ones will be a straight swap. They were on my Epiphone and they have pretty much the same style tuners.
the groover locking ones are great the locking mecanism is internal so no messing with extra nobs!
Epi Les Pau Quilt topl~Emg 81/85 Ghs 11's(1/2 step drop)
Charvel Model 4 EMG 81/SA/85 DR 10's (standard){for sale}
Peavey Deuce VT
Marshall JCM 800
Dunlop ZW-45 wylde wah
Dunlop RotoVibe
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Boss CE-5 Chorus
the standard tuners on my guitar are grovers too...
so if i buy grover locking tuners, would i have to drill new holes?
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
...just so you know
no if you get the locking grovers theyre straight drop in. when i put locking grovers on my Schecter C-1 plus, they were straight drop in.

EDIT:
i doubt it, but if you dont mind chrome, im selling a set here
Last edited by lp_dude_2 at Jul 19, 2007,
well i am not living in the US, but thank you for the offer...

and yes, I would like to get black ones...but that it's a straight drop in, helped, thank you!
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
...just so you know
yeah i dont blame you on wanting to keep the hardware the same color. im a freak about my guitars's cosmetics. and its no prob bro. always happy to help.