wondering what i would need for a home recording set up, im not after quality here i just want to be able to record 2 guitars, maybe a bass so im able to put it on a cd and show to drummers. also i want to be able to record one guitar for playback to lay down leads when playing by myself
Ok this is pretty easy.
1. Download Audacity
2. See if your amp has a line out
3. Get and audio to audio jack
4. Connect amp to computers sound card in the mic slot
5. Use Audacity to record
|
just looking at my amp there, do you mean the line out (3 pin thing) or headphones out?
actually from what i remember the line out on my amp doesnt work, ill have to go for the headphone out so, is there much of a diference quality wise?
im using audacity but when im recording guitar 2 there seems to be a delay because im in time with whats coming from the speakers but not when i play back, how would i fix this?
It depends on how much cash you wanna throw into it.

I've got a Line6 Tone Import: ~$80 USD
XML 9900: ~$50
And I'm using Cool Edit Pro 2.1 (Old version): Don't remember how much. But you can get Audacity for free.

With just those 3 items I can record anything I want. Now I have some more stuff I use, but that is the bare minimum that I started off with.

If you aren't worried too much about quality, that'll do rather nicely.

*Edit*
As for the delay you're getting, this is kinda obvious, but perhaps get a buddy to play along with you?

Also, you might want to check your settings, there could be something eating your RAM which is causing recording delay

Or I could be retarded, who knows.
Quote by nonamemark
im using audacity but when im recording guitar 2 there seems to be a delay because im in time with whats coming from the speakers but not when i play back, how would i fix this?

I get this all the time, all you have to do, is click on the Time Shift Tool, (The one that looks like arrows going in opposite directions) and click and drag the second guitar track to where it should be.