im so confuse about finger picking, when do i pick with ring, pinkie and stuff? i need a book, HELP.

i wish to learn classical guitar, i dig totally into finger picking, but i only know how to alt pick and stuff
Quote by iplayguitar88
im so confuse about finger picking, when do i pick with ring, pinkie and stuff? i need a book, HELP.

i wish to learn classical guitar, i dig totally into finger picking, but i only know how to alt pick and stuff

ur sposed to use ur ring and pinky at certin times? dude i just use the finger thats closests to the string i have to play.

ive practiced finger picking to RHCP "Slow Cheeta" on the stadium arcadium album. good practice
alright, i recently bought a book and it seems freakin nice. Covers most of the classical solo guitar playing i think. Its called: Solo guitar playing and was made by rederick M. Noad. You should check it out. ill post a link in a while
I used the "Julio Sagreras guitar first lessons" when i first took the guitar, i learned to read a bit of sheet music and a relatively good fingerpicking. Here's the link on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Mel-Julio-Sagreras-Guitar-Lessons/dp/0786627239/ref=pd_bbs_1/105-1818705-6978060?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1184821604&sr=8-1
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Here comes the biggest problem and the factor that distinguishes trained classical guitarists from guitarists who simply play classical guitar music. Books will help greatly, but an experienced instructor will give you more than any book/video can ever give you.

One of them is the art of right hand technique which I must frankly say that many self learners end up never getting. How pieces are fingered is something that is gained through alot of exposure to different pieces, not something that can be written down. Unless you do find tons of professionally fingered pieces, you might never get the concept. Most scores don't even provide complete left hand fingering, leaving it up to the players experience, let alone right hand fingerings.

Personally I find the above books pretty intimidating for a beginner in classical guitar technique, I'd only recommend them along with a teacher to guide the student. Try getting books which don't try to squeeze the whole deal into 1 or 2 volumes.