Ok so I'm trying to start up a band with a few buddies of mine. We have a band room and a drum set for it. What we still need are amps for the guitars (we have 2 guitars) and something to amplify the vocals. What do you guys suggest for the vocals? I've been looking at some PA systems and stuff but don't have much of a clue with which one to go... Are there other options, if yes which ones? Or what's your guys set-up?
Thanks for the help in advance
Last edited by simpleman90 at Jul 18, 2007,
Quote by The Masterplan
you don't need a PA for vocals buy a microphone amp. (shure for example.)

What do you intend to plug it into?

¬_¬
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Buy yourself a simple PA, should do you fine for practices, just a simple 2 or 4 channel.
Guitars:
Ibanez RGR321EX
Schecter Omen 7 (with Dimarzio D-Sonic in bridge and Air Norton in neck)
Effects:
Tokai TFL-1 Flanger
Boss RGE-10 Graphic EQ
Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Amp:
Laney IronHeart IRT60 212
Quote by Kurapica
What do you intend to plug it into?

¬_¬

what do you mean...
a mic amp is an amp that is designed to amplify vocals. no PA needed.
Quote by Switchmunky7
Buy yourself a simple PA, should do you fine for practices, just a simple 2 or 4 channel.

Got any suggestions that aren't too pricey?
Quote by The Masterplan
ooh that way well yeah a single amp ins't a PA

Oh but it is. PA = Power amplifier so it IS.

TS - what we do is run into a 6 channel amplifier into 2 cabs. That's the sort of thing that most bands will be running at least for giging. It makes sense to get something like that as soon as you can because if you're going to be in bands all your life, you will use them.

Ours is just a Carlsbro head into some Peavey's and we've also got some sexy ass Dare's with emminense speakers for monitors.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

Quote by Kurapica
Oh but it is. PA = Power amplifier so it IS.

TS - what we do is run into a 6 channel amplifier into 2 cabs. That's the sort of thing that most bands will be running at least for giging. It makes sense to get something like that as soon as you can because if you're going to be in bands all your life, you will use them.

Ours is just a Carlsbro head into some Peavey's and we've also got some sexy ass Dare's with emminense speakers for monitors.

wtf ???? PA = public adress !!!
lol , so wait i minute , if i have a an 400Watt 4 x 12 guitar cab just standing around , can i use it with a P.A ? or can i buy something even cheaper that will still hold up with 2 100Wat all tube amps ( rehearsal lvl ) drummer and 200 watt bass amp ? . Soz dont want to take over im also keen in finding a cheap solution .
Gibson SG spesial

Marshall 1987X MKII Head
Genz Benz El diablo 100 Head
Genz Benz Gflex 212 cab.

Korg AX1500G multi effects pedal
Quote by The Masterplan
wtf ???? PA = public adress !!!

Either way (I've heard both used) it's still the same thing. They do need a PA and a vocal amp is still a PA.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

Quote by Kurapica
Either way (I've heard both used) it's still the same thing. They do need a PA and a vocal amp is still a PA.

no they don't need one.

technically, you're right but in real life, nobody calls a single amp a PA .
Quote by moody07747
+1

Suggestions on a brand??

I would be very appreciative if the people who have a band could tell me what they're using to amplify the vocals for their band. Would help me a lot!
well... we haven't got a singer yet, but we will try the guitar amp of our drummer... it has an input for that... piece of mic we own. But I guess it wont be loud enough, with 30W.
We could also try the bass amp... a Peavey TNT. Should be loud enough, but I don't know if we can set the volume for the mic seperatly. xD
If that doesn't work it might get expensive.

But you could try to find a used small PA. gl!