anyone know/got a link to, the correct guitar tabs for "seven nation army" by "the white stripes"? Ive seen many variations in how its played, and am unsure of which one is the best/correct.
Thank-you!
just play what ever one sounds the best. But prob the one with all the notes on the E string is right. You could play them as powerchords tho.
the note are on the A
Quote by ratracekid111
And the Tax! Dear God! When I only get one virgin a month, I want the whole freakin' thing! The damn government shouldn't be chopping it in half
in standard the main riff is
A-7-7-10-7-5-3-2

A-7-7-10-7-5-3-5-3-2
Quote by ratracekid111
And the Tax! Dear God! When I only get one virgin a month, I want the whole freakin' thing! The damn government shouldn't be chopping it in half
uhh... thats for the verses, the bass part. the chorus is played with the same thing but with barre chords (or powerchords)
Quote by ratracekid111
Quote by punkrock4all
uhh... thats for the verses, the bass part. the chorus is played with the same thing but with barre chords (or powerchords)

It's played with barre chords in open A tuning, that looks like this:

E-A-e-a-C#-e

so it has the same root note as the power chord would, but you just hold your finger down on that one fret, he also uses a slide for parts of it.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~