So, keeping in mind I'm only a young and tender 16 and vegetarian, please help me.

I'm have a substantial amount of muscle for it to be noticed, but I'm quite scrawny. Could anyone advise what sort of diet I'd be looking at to build body mass? Along with regular exercise, of course.

I know with my age it would be a bit more difficult than if I was, say, 21 but I'm sure I can make some improvement.

-Muchos gracias
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Something a tad more constructive, maybe?
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

ermm not on a veggi diet try like protine drinks btw im going veggi for a week as a chalange and i only ave two days left and a realise how little there is in the way of veggi food so i feel for u but yeah try protine drinks and stuff like that
eat the stalks of the vegetables for more nutrients. your just veggi right? eat salmon steaks. mmm good.
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
The Special Ed kid of the bass militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join

Quote by fourstringpunk
She looks like an STD vending machine.
Make sure to eat your legumes! (beans, nuts, lentils, etc.). Multigrain pasta is quite high in protein as well. Dairy is a good source, and of course protein shakes, etc.

PS: Soy products like tofu are moderately high in protein too.
Last edited by brandnewjunkie at Jul 18, 2007,
first off at 16 you shoudn't be a vegitarian...your screwing up your growth and such, i mean you want to be bigger but don't want meat....thats wat i like to call being a hipocrit, i guess you could drink those shakes they sell if huge jugs at gyms and eat chocolate or something
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
To Bass Cat, I'm strict vegetarian, I don't eat fish. But thanks for a proper suggestion.
To Jackson RR5, it seems like a good idea, I'll try to get some but some of them use animal by-products or something (Not too sure about that one though) good luck with your week though.

EDIT: To Brandnewjunkie, thank you, I'll keep that in mind!
To Chaoticvengence, buy a dictionary, and I've been vegetarian for 9 years, yes that's right, I'm about 5" 8' and extremely healthy as it is. I can do without useless criticism like that.
Call me Callum

Last edited by roythereaper at Jul 18, 2007,
theres this crap called muscle milk, it comes in many diff flavors (all of which aren't that great, but better than any others), and what it basically does is provide you everything you need in a meal. its called a meal replacement protein shake and it should be used beefore going exercising and stuff to make sure you have everything your body needs
if you will eat fish protein from tuna is the way forward, if not i'm not too sure. protein supplements? I appologise fo rmy lack of knowledge on what vegetables contain protein other than nuts, and I don't recommend eating lots of nuts!

You could try eating peanut butter though and drinking lots of milk.
Last edited by Rocking-Rob at Jul 18, 2007,
There's been some good suggestions here. Thanks for the input.
Call me Callum

Yeah loads of iron rich food .i.e loads of nuts, raisins, spinach, greens, cereal etc. and wash it down with some orange juice to help it absorb.