So, the two scales mentioned in the title have the intervals:

1 b2 3 4 5 b6 7

Now, suppose I want to figure out the notes of A#/Bb Double harmonic/Byzantine.

So, A#/Bb major =
A#/Bb C D D# F G A A#

Now, apply the intervals, we get:

Bb Cb D Eb F Gb A Bb

Correct?

Now, is the usage of these two scales the same? Kinda like asking the difference between C major and A minor. Please help.

Thanks,
ST
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
The only thing you did wrong, from what I can tell - not too familiar with the modes of the Harmonic minor scale - is that it's Bb and Eb, not A# and D#.
The only thing you did wrong, from what I can tell - not too familiar with the modes of the Harmonic minor scale - is that it's Bb and Eb, not A# and D#.

I have used Bb and Eb:

Now, apply the intervals, we get:

Code:

Bb Cb D Eb F Gb A Bb
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
The Byzantine is just another name for Double Harmonic. That's it. BTW, I love this scale. Sounds real exotic, far more exotic than the Harmonic Minor.
Quote by buckethead_jr
I didn't think they had metal in the 1790's

Quote by Guitarislife125
Copper is a metal

Quote by buckethead_jr
Ah, touche.
Any artist who uses this scale a lot? The Byzantine?
Myspace Streaming Only

Quote by Vittu0666

The double harmonic minor (or byzantine) scale is not a mode of the harmonic minor scale, it is its own scale with its own seven modes.

Wouldn't mind knowing if any songs use it. Maybe a Friedman solo?