Hey guys, I'm planning on making my SSS Squier strat an HH EMG-equipped strat soon, and I was wondering, how are Squier Strats normally routed for models bought in the last year? I don't really know what type of Squier my Strat is, but to help you out, it came in a starter pack ordered from Zzounds, and it's got a 21 fret rosewood fretboard.
what amp u using?

and i think ull probably have a H-S-H there. but ud have to look.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
what amp u using?

and i think ull probably have a H-S-H there. but ud have to look.

how is the amp relevant to this?

and i'm pretty sure it would be HSH routed, most recent squiers are, but as jj said you'd have to look before you buy the pickups and such

EDIT: also, it's probably affinity if you got it out of a starter pack, but it could be a bullet strat or a special.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
well, it absolutely is and ill tell you why.

some guys go out and spend a couple hundred on pickups, before upgrading their amp.
if he's using a starter amp, id suggest he save the money, putting it towards a better amp, to get the tone he's after.

maybe not, maybe he's got a beast of an amp. i wont know till i ask.

im always thinking a question ahead of the TS. in every case it's best to look at the entire picture when making suggestions to posters.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

well most mex strats ive seen are HSH. ^welcome back.

for example...

sorry, just realized the pics a little dark. but u can get H's in there.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at Jul 18, 2007,
Quote by jj1565
well most mex strats ive seen are HSH. ^welcome back.

for example...

sorry, just realized the pics a little dark. but u can get H's in there.

but the one on the right looks like mine... it only looks like an SC can fit.
yeah i dont know man, it's an 11 year old strat. i can maybe even get 3 humbuckers in there alra.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Yeah, this cheap Squier upgrade is going to be made along with the purchase of a Mesa Express 5:50, so I'll be doing pretty good in the amp department. It's just that my options were either A: Buy a fancy ESP and keep using my low end modeling Vox, or B: Upgrade my Squier (with hardware upgrades as well), and get a Mesa! And yeah, I'm getting the Express because of the whole built in attenuator and what not, I played one and I loved it.

Anyway, about the routing, if it does end up being HSS, how much would it cost to have it routed by a guitar tech? I'm willing to do wiring myself but I will not do routing by myself. :P
Quote by jj1565
yeah i dont know man, it's an 11 year old strat. i can maybe even get 3 humbuckers in there alra.

even on the neck?
Quote by JoeBender
Anyway, about the routing, if it does end up being HSS, how much would it cost to have it routed by a guitar tech? I'm willing to do wiring myself but I will not do routing by myself. :P

ok cool have fun with the amp.

not sure what a tech would charge u. it's just a matter of drawing a line from a template and boring out some wood with a $10 drill bit, if u dont have a router.

i mean it;s all hidden by the guard anyway.

you can ask ur tech but please dont pump any money into making a hole in a starter guitar.

^and alra, i really dont remember, i was just putting a stacked single in the neck spot.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

I just took mine apart, and it's got a humbucker slot next to the bridge, and where the middle/neck pick-ups are is just an empty space. Lot of Room.
Quote by lylewithans182
I just took mine apart, and it's got a humbucker slot next to the bridge, and where the middle/neck pick-ups are is just an empty space. Lot of Room.

So, it's like half H, half swimming-pool? You could probably do some interesting combinations with that.
Ahh, I just loosened my strings, unscrewed the pickguard and pryed it up to take a look, it's definitely an HSS. CURSES!

I'll start looking up ways to either do some DIY routing or maybe get a quote from someone in town that actually owns a router. It can't be very expensive, as I doubt it'll take more than 10 minutes to do. :P