So I was thinking, the Christian's have their own thread, so why shouldn't we?
So talk about Jewish music, money, the Torah, and anything else. If your not Jewish come in anyways. You can ask questions about the Jewish religon if you want. Gays are welcome to!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judaism

Mallacha lacha,
Luke
Last edited by lukephillips000 at Jul 18, 2007,
I've never really looked into what your religion really means. You hear about Jewish people and their faith all the time, but I really don't understand it.
Nikolas
haha, I myelf am Jewish, but I am not too religious. Just proud of my heritage and all.
I love Jewish sounding music, like violin. Also can you tell me some insults in yiddish/hebrew? I want to keep your language alive! (I do the same in Irish).
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
I love Klezmer (sp?).

--Red
"My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require." - Edward Elgar
Quote by noah22791
haha, I myelf am Jewish, but I am not too religious. Just proud of my heritage and all.

I live in the south, and there are a lot of people like you down here, since it's basically impossible to find a temple. but yeah, my cousins are jewish and I've been to temple more times than most jews down here
Same here. South isnt booming with temples like they are baptist churches.

And the proper way to declare yourself is "I am jewish" or "I am a jew", not "I am a jewish".

Just a heads up.
I have nothing against any religion, but I hope there won't be a thread for every religion by the end of the day .
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Quote by dmntr
Same here. South isnt booming with temples like they are baptist churches.

And the proper way to declare yourself is "I am jewish" or "I am a jew", not "I am a jewish".

Just a heads up.

Thanks for pointing this out, i havn't quite gotten the hang of English yet
Quote by AICjerryC
is it true that u pray to money and have horns on your head??

twice a day
Quote by wiggyisgreat
I'm not Jewish but...

DUDE YOU LIVE IN BOURNEMOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!111111one!!!!!!!!!!1!!!11!

I do indeed live in Bounremouth!
Actually, i live in Ferndown, but I would prefer to live in Bournemouth :p
Well, I work at the JCC (Jewish Community Center for all you n00bs) at the summer camp. It's really fun and i enjoy all the NY accents since i live in South Florida. BTW, I'm christian.
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
Quote by lukephillips000
I do indeed live in Bounremouth!
Actually, i live in Ferndown, but I would prefer to live in Bournemouth :p

Ha yeah a lot go's on in Ferndown I live in Ashley Cross Poole of course.
Quote by AICjerryC

that is possibly the most un-educated, and un-deserved response I have ever seen.

And on topic, is the Torah the old testament in the bible? or have I mixed things up? (i'm not jewish i'm just curious) but I seem to have this belief in the back of my head that Jews read from the old testament? Be nice to get some clarification
Quote by AICjerryC

personally, i only pray to objects worth as much as or more than thier wieght in Gold.
Why do they bitch so much about everything?
books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Ha yeah a lot go's on in Ferndown I live in Ashley Cross Poole of course.

HA, yea, i know what you mean, i can pretty much cycle to anywhere in Poole and Bournemouth within 40 minutes though, so its not too bad.
I know a counple of people who live in Ashley cross, seems like a cool place.
Quote by Rocking-Rob
that is possibly the most un-educated, and un-deserved response I have ever seen.

And on topic, is the Torah the old testament in the bible? or have I mixed things up? (i'm not jewish i'm just curious) but I seem to have this belief in the back of my head that Jews read from the old testament? Be nice to get some clarification

The Torah is the first 5 books of the Old Testament, which were all written down by Moses....

EDIT: Oh, and btw, I'm not a Jew...
hey, i happen to be a seventh-day adventist Christian, and we worship on the Sabbath (the seventh-day) just like u guys, and we don't eat the unclean meats described in Leviticus 11, just like u guys.
Quote by King_Arthur
Gibson guitar = $500 (guess)

Pack of strings = $5

Messing up your guitar with a bass string = Priceless
Quote by Hoppusorange
The Torah is the first 5 books of the Old Testament, which were all written down by Moses....

EDIT: Oh, and btw, I'm not a Jew...

ahh ok thanks
im jewish and not overly faithful. i dont keep kosher, i dont wear teffilin every morning, i cant speak it fluently (unless im reading it from the Torah or Talmud or a Siddur). but hell, im proud of what i am. my bar-mitzvah was on a Rosh Hodesh and it was only about an hour and a half, but i did the entire thing with very few pauses..and thats a lot for my area. most jews in my area think that a bar-mitzvah is 10% of the service (so they do about 10-15 minutes of their ceremony) and 90% of it is the party. such a shame...such a shame...

oh, by the way, im a conservative jew. most around my area are "reform"...even though that are about as jewish as a kunzler ham
Quote by zacky gates
hey, i happen to be a seventh-day adventist Christian, and we worship on the Sabbath (the seventh-day) just like u guys, and we don't eat the unclean meats described in Leviticus 11, just like u guys.

Good man, the Creator would be pleased!
Quote by rockownsyou
That made me laugh. I LOVE JEWISH MUSIC. LENNY KRAVITZ FTW!

don't forget Sammy Davis Jr.!
Quote by JewMasatFlex
im jewish and not overly faithful. i dont keep kosher, i dont wear teffilin every morning, i cant speak it fluently (unless im reading it from the Torah or Talmud or a Siddur). but hell, im proud of what i am. my bar-mitzvah was on a Rosh Hodesh and it was only about an hour and a half, but i did the entire thing with very few pauses..and thats a lot for my area. most jews in my area think that a bar-mitzvah is 10% of the service (so they do about 10-15 minutes of their ceremony) and 90% of it is the party. such a shame...such a shame...

oh, by the way, im a conservative jew. most around my area are "reform"...even though that are about as jewish as a kunzler ham

I know exactely what you mean about people thinking thier Bar-Mitzvah is an excuse for a party. It makes me a little sad when people are in a religion for the wrong reasons :/