I was wondering what output I would use so I could record myself on an amp while hearing the music through the speaker, but having a cable run through this output into my garageband program.

Thanks
Free Thinkers are Dangerous
use a microphone and put it in front of the speaker?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Well, I could, but I don't have a mic and I'd rather just buy an amp that has this output (I'm looking for one to gig with).
Preamp out is what you use for recording, but microphones work better. i dont know if you can record and hear music through your speakers at the same time though. I mean it sounds like it would work, but if it doesnt its probably a software thing.
A Behringer GI-100 with hook into the speaker cable of your amp and give you a signal that you can record. It uses 1/4" TR jacks so if your amp only has internal wires to the speaker you would need to make cables (i.e. solder). Otherwise mic it!
Yeah, maybe I'll just consider picking up a decent mic instead. If I'm jamming with a band and recording at the same time, will the mic pick up the other intruments, or do they do a good job picking up my sound only? I'm sure it's a depend on the mic purchased, but I'd rather get a lower end as I don't want to invest a ton of money into this.
You can set up a monitor through garageband, and listen with headphones. Though sometimes there's a bit of a lag with that...
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite