running thru scales helps or at least it help me.
My stuff:
ESP LTD KH 202 w/ emg 81's
PEAVEY 5150 II Head
4x12 MESA BOOGIE RECTIFIER CAB

A recent study shows that 92% of all teens have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.
You'll get this alot, but practice with a metronome.
Start at 45 BPM, and then as soon as you can play whatever your trying to play cleanly WITHOUT distortion, move it up 2-3 beats, then so on and so forth.

Make sure you use good form, keep the wrist straight and not at an angle, it prevents cramping, and warm up too.
practice a lot. just plug into a metronome and slowly starting building up speed. personally, you should learn to play musically and creatively first. practice some blues for example
Learn Thunderstruck by AC/DC. It's REALLY good for helping build up speed. Or you can just practice trills in general.
Quote by SG thrasher
Bums to the ground when rilakam's around.
Quote by rilakam
Learn Thunderstruck by AC/DC. It's REALLY good for helping build up speed. Or you can just practice trills in general.

I think he's a beginner, or something very close to that, so he prolly doesn't know how to do the continuous hammer-on/pulloff method.
you dont want to practice picking up speed because if you do that you will start to jumble up your notes then you get pissed at yourself, the steps to improving are

1. Learn the Material at a slow pace
2. Play the material at a moderate pace (all down picking)
3. Play the material at a moderate pace (up and down picking)
4. Play at a faster rate (up and down picking)
5. Then Speed Pick (up and down or just down picking)
Quote by abhishek21
While masturbation use your left hand

thats right, its not the size of the boat, but the amount of lotion and the motion of the ocean HAAAAAHH YEAAAA!