ok, it's not a question of how to, it's more of a question of what do i need to know BEFORE i start? i heard of all this...harmonic crap that i have no idea if it's necessary. SO, if someone could tell me what I'd need to learn before i get too far in with it, that'd be great
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
uuhh...ok...i know like the basic major and minor arps, but how would i go about building my own?
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man
uuhh...ok...i know like the basic major and minor arps, but how would i go about building my own?

Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man
yyyeeaahh...thats probably the most noobish question eh? haha

Yes. Yes it was.
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
do you know the basic chord formulas?

once you know how to construct chords, its basically about laying them down on consectutive strings
mydadisjewish = avatar stealer
Quote by KurrptSenate
do you know the basic chord formulas?

once you know how to construct chords, its basically about laying them down on consectutive strings

Like the 1,3,5,7? stuff like that?

I'm sorry to all, for being such a n00b today my brain kinda....quit. it's been like this for a couple of days so..haha
My gear:
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man

When you know the notes of the chord, you just take them and arrange them in an order you want and the sweep the arpeggio. You can make some cool sounding licks when tap extensions to the arpeggios.
yea, but, if you did a sweep of

you would just be sweeping a major 7th chord. That completely fine, if thats the sound you're going for

you could also just repeat the 1,3,5 for any major chord

or you could flatten the 3rd to have a minor

or you could do a 1 b3 b5 if you want to do some diminished sweeps.

again, you can sweep any chord, you just need to know how to construct them, then lay them out on the fretboard like a normal sweep.

I mean, these are rules. you can have slides and a ton of H.O./P.O.s in a sweep. Just basics here, mind you
mydadisjewish = avatar stealer
Quote by KurrptSenate
yea, but, if you did a sweep of

you would just be sweeping a major 7th chord. That completely fine, if thats the sound you're going for

you could also just repeat the 1,3,5 for any major chord

or you could flatten the 3rd to have a minor

or you could do a 1 b3 b5 if you want to do some diminished sweeps.

again, you can sweep any chord, you just need to know how to construct them, then lay them out on the fretboard like a normal sweep.

I mean, these are rules. you can have slides and a ton of H.O./P.O.s in a sweep. Just basics here, mind you

Yeah i know, i was just using that as an example.

Alright, I think that's pretty much all i needed to know. I'll probably get a teacher again to teach me the minor points of it, but that's all i needed. Thanks man
My gear:
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus