Page 1 of 3
Britains best kept secret - one of the very finest NWOBHM and Doom bands ever. All three albums are masterpieces and should be puchased at the first avaliable chance.
www.myspace.com/paganaltar

Plus more shit.
Cry of the Banshee
Satan's Henchmen
Pagan Altar
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Quote by ordinary_story
Traitor!!...u let out the secret..!!....ur time is over.!

Silence fool!!

The word of Pagan Altar must be spread throughout the kingdoms!

Magnificent band....altho sadley cast into obscurity like so many NWOBHM bands .
"We've had many cases in this department where a body has been found in pieces, or decomposed, and we've been able to put things together. Yes, the head, the upper part of the body, in a very badly
decomposed state"
Eh, got an album and I'm not really diggin it.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
I have recently begun worshipping at the Altar.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
took me a little while to get into these guys, but like a lot of great things, it grew on me and over the past year or so I've been listening to them a fair bit. Cry of the Banshee is a killer song, and I love the lead tone on it btw. The vocals still annoy me a bit though

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I've always loved Pagan Altar, all three albums are indeed amazing and I think there's a new one coming on the way
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

I have one of their albums... never really listened to it much.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
I really like Vol.1. The rest are maybe a bit too traditional heavy metal for me, but they have their moments too.
Vol. 1 is the one I have.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
I only have Lords of Hypocrisy but it's complete ownage. Yes, the vocals are unintentionally hilarious and I actually "lol" aloud to myself at certain parts, but they somehow work and Alan Jones is definately one of the greatest guitarists I have ever heard.

And I'm completely pumped as I just ordered Mythical & Magical a few days ago.

Edit: New album?! Fill me in with all details asap, Kep.
i'm planning on getting something by these guys soon (Kepulix's rec). they sound good, from the bit i've heard.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Amazing band.

The vocals fit perfectly and I don't see why so many people pass them off as the weakest part of the band.

Some of the most talented and amazing leads that have graced this genre. The build up in Satans Henchmen? Immense.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Amazing band.

Some of the most talented and amazing leads that have graced this genre. The build up in Satans Henchmen? Immense.

Correct. Also, the guitar assault in the 10 minute epic Armageddon is stupendous.
Quote by Penisaur
New album?! Fill me in with all details asap, Kep.

I remember someone mentioning that they have been working on new material or something in the Hellride forums, can't find it right now

Most likely it was Richard Walker as he is in Pagan Altar now... you could probably find some information from Pagan Altar's forums, but one has to be registered there to get to read them and I'm too lazy to do so hahha

If they are, I will most likely get it ASAP.

Mythical and Magical... so hard to describe, so unlike anything else. I classify it as "Pagan Metal" as it doesn't really fit into anything else. NWOBHM fits pretty loosely, Doom is in there, and obviously folk elements.

The Sorcerer is my favorite song on M&M.
Thx Kep, will do.

Quote by The Kreator
If they are, I will most likely get it ASAP.

Mythical and Magical... so hard to describe, so unlike anything else. I classify it as "Pagan Metal" as it doesn't really fit into anything else. NWOBHM fits pretty loosely, Doom is in there, and obviously folk elements.

The Sorcerer is my favorite song on M&M.

So pumped, my copy of M&M should be arriving any day now, and I have yet to hear any PA outside of LoH album.
Theyre playing a gig in rock attic limited to 40 people or something
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by Penisaur
Thx Kep, will do.

So pumped, my copy of M&M should be arriving any day now, and I have yet to hear any PA outside of LoH album.

Oh man, the Altar are going to kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilll you!

Best lead guitar work I've ever heard, by the way. Truly underrated in the extreme.
Quote by The Kreator
Oh man, the Altar are going to kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilll you!

Best lead guitar work I've ever heard, by the way. Truly underrated in the extreme.

Omg man, you just made me poop myself. Not J/K.
Quote by Penisaur
I only have Lords of Hypocrisy but it's complete ownage. Yes, the vocals are unintentionally hilarious and I actually "lol" aloud to myself at certain parts, but they somehow work and Alan Jones is definately one of the greatest guitarists I have ever heard.

And I'm completely pumped as I just ordered Mythical & Magical a few days ago.

Edit: New album?! Fill me in with all details asap, Kep.

agreed, the guitar parts are bloody brilliant...
the vocals just grate me for some reason, and I kinda have to be in the mood to like them

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Penisaur
New album?! Fill me in with all details asap, Kep.

Never Quite Dead, out 2009 some time. Not really 'new' as all the songs were written back in the late 70s/early 80s, like the rest of PAs recorded output.
Quote by Stranglehold
Theyre playing a gig in rock attic limited to 40 people or something

Indeed, I was at that venue last night, it is no bigger than an average sized broom cupboard.

Sounds like that gig was intense

One of the few bands that actually came back after 25 years and released 2 albums that are BETTER than their debut. It gives me some hope that other bands can achieve this.
Seeing them play with Cloven Hoof, Bitches Sin, and Elixir in April. And in Rock Attic next week. Lucky me.

Lucky you, indeed

Now after doom metal has got surprisingly more popular in Finland, they might get Pagan Altar organized to Finland someday... or at least one can hope so

was thinking of making a thread on these guys, haha.

One of my favourite NWOBHM/doom bands, with "The Lords of Hypocrisy" being my favourite album.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
Holy **** these guys are so good. I've been listening to Volume 1 all day yesterday and today will be no different.
Quote by AzureNight
Holy **** these guys are so good. I've been listening to Volume 1 all day yesterday and today will be no different.

Fantastic album, Black Mass is one of my favorite songs ever. I still prefer their latest two efforts though, especially Lords of Hypocrisy.
LoH and M&M are just so incredibly amazing...

I can't wait for the next one, I have a feeling that it will be even better!
Quote by \Powerslave/
Fantastic album, Black Mass is one of my favorite songs ever. I still prefer their latest two efforts though, especially Lords of Hypocrisy.

I've yet to listen to that one. I can't believe I haven't heard these guys before. I definitely preferred Volume 1 over Mythical & Magical though. Not to say that MM wasn't extremely good too. Maybe I just love that harsh old school production of Volume 1.
Last edited by AzureNight at Jun 8, 2009,
The Lords Of Hypocrisy has stood out as the best Pagan Altar album for me, Vol. 1 and M&M are both beyond excellent though

Quote by The Kreator
LoH and M&M are just so incredibly amazing...

I can't wait for the next one, I have a feeling that it will be even better!

It's one of my most anticipated albums.

Hmm, MA says Rich Walker left the band. I can't find any news of this. Legit?

^Yeah, it's a bit heavier than the others, but they're all top-notch quality albums.
Quote by \Powerslave/
Hmm, MA says Rich Walker left the band. I can't find any news of this. Legit?

Yeah, all involved are still good mates, he just wants to focus on Solstice right now.
Anyway, the one time I saw them as a four-piece I was amazed at how much better Alans leads sounded with just the bass behind them.

YES! Pagan Altar doing a Finnish tour with Isole

The closest gig has an age limit of 20, but I'll be traveling to a bit farther for an all-ages show, brilliant

Page 1 of 3