Page 1 of 2
i have heard many times that if you drink too many energy drinks it can kill you...is this true??
Quote by mckraf
bang juliet in front of the class, that will make you less of a shy person and u get some poon out of it
I know people that have died from drinking too many....

I still drink them, sometimes. If you do no more than one or two a day you should be fine.
lol ok...i drank 4 redbulls...but hey what better way to die than with an energydrink
Quote by mckraf
bang juliet in front of the class, that will make you less of a shy person and u get some poon out of it
Quote by myheadsempty
i have heard many times that if you drink too many energy drinks it can kill you...is this true??

Yep. If you drink too much water you can die from that too.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
Quote by Mr. Thingy

I still drink them, sometimes. If you do no more than one or two a day you should be fine.

And what exactly in the energy drink do you think they died from? Caffeine overdose?
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Everything kills you these days, so drink up. Monster FTW!
666 BRO
http://www.energyfiend.com/death-by-caffeine/

Although if you have heart problems and you're not used to caffeine, you could die a lot easier - that's why in Canada energy drinks tell you not to drink more than a certain amount.

If you want to be wired, make some strong coffee, it's cheaper and more effective.
Quote by myheadsempty
lol ok...i drank 4 redbulls...but hey what better way to die than with an energydrink

you could get eaten by a cow. that's a way better way to go out.
Quote by The_Mutato
http://www.energyfiend.com/death-by-caffeine/

Although if you have heart problems and you're not used to caffeine, you could die a lot easier - that's why in Canada energy drinks tell you not to drink more than a certain amount.

If you want to be wired, make some strong coffee, it's cheaper and more effective.

I can drink 81 Red Bulls!
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Quote by The_Mutato

Heh: "Gulp down 56.73 cans of Relentless and you're history."

I would probably drown first from the sheer volume of liquid I'd be consuming (about 28 and a bit litres).
Quote by Felkara
They speed up your heart and take water from your body so you can have heart failure or become dehydrated.

Dehydration is the biggest risk.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by feedthenight
urban myth

its a proven fact that the stimulants speed your heart out of control and kill you. so yeah drink 8 cans of it if you want to have a painful death
Red Bull tastes like battery acid. So my guess would be, too much could kill you.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by idkmybffjill123
its a proven fact that the stimulants speed your heart out of control and kill you. so yeah drink 8 cans of it if you want to have a painful death

8 cans of what?

I'd like you to show me the evidence you have that drinking a certain number of energy drinks will kill you in a way that doesn't involve drowning from the amount of liquid you take in, or caffeine overdosing (which can take between 50 and 100 cans of whatever drink you have, or even 193 cups of tea). Even then, these drinks all have to be consumed within a few hours so the excess chemicals don't pass through the body.
Quote by Felkara
Last edited by The Overlord at Jul 18, 2007,
Seriously, I had 8 red bulls at a party once and woke up in a skip covered in reggae reggae sauce with a bowl down my trousers. good times...
How about, you try drinking lots of energy drinks tonight? Then if you're still alive you can post tomorrow and let us all know if it's true or not.

Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Gulp down 179.16 cans of Red Bull and you're history.
You could drink 57.33 bottles of Redline RTD before croaking.
You could drink 100.93 cans of Amp Overdrive before croaking.
143.32 cans of AriZona Extreme Energy Shot + You = Death.
It would take 186.14 shots of Espresso to put you down.

I think I'll be ok.
Quote by The_Mutato
http://www.energyfiend.com/2007/04/a-real-life-death-by-caffeine

Right on that site about energy drinks, too. A reported death from caffeine.

What a retard, who with any sense of mental stability would take two dozen tablets of anything? It said there that it was equivalent of 4800mg of caffeine. It would take 60 cans of Red Bull to reach that level, which would be 15litres of fluid consumed. The probability of drowning before ODing is still quite high.
Quote by Felkara
you can die if you have a weak heart... red bull is bad but lucozade and powerade are alright!!
Mustaine For President!!

Co-founder of the UG"We're gonna kill emos with HURLS!"club. Pm me or con job to join
Dont Be Shy Sign UP!! WE NEED YOU!
lol read the disclaimer from that website.

Disclaimer: This tool is for entertainment purposes only. Nothing on here should be construed as medical advice or information. Don’t try this at home. If you actually try this and end up dying after only 140 energy drinks instead of 143, it’s not our fault.

and just tp let everyone know how much I can handle..

You could drink 49.29 cans of Nuclear Waste Antidote before croaking.
Quote by idkmybffjill123

Sorry, but some 14 (sorry 15) year old isn't enough cited proof.
I've had 3 of those big redbull cans in a few hours and I didn't die. I just got really really really really really really hyper, then I got tired and went to sleep. But if you don't want to use energy drinks, just drink a lot of tea.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by idkmybffjill123

There are some people who can grow a tolerance to it, so sometimes it can just get u flyin off the walls, some people are so tolerant to it, it doesn't even do anything for them ...but only if u've been drinkingenergy drinks for a loooong time, and if u have been lucky enough and have a strong enough heart to not have heart failure after drinking them everyday...honestly I just drink 3 at most a day...Monster and red bull are like suuuuuper acidic, so after like 4 my throat like burns really bad, but if thats the risk ur willing to take...go for it
My guitars:

Ibanez RG5EX1
Eleca Dread Acoustic
Dean ML

My FX: Line 6 Floor POD Plus

In the end, fact means nothing,
its all about perspective
I drank 10 dranks of it in town last saturday.

but it wasnt redbull is was some cheap stuff that was like 20p a can, although it had more caffine in it.

and im not dead

its only if you have a weak heart.

=]
This is my Myspace
Quote by Pink_blood
you know shoes are a very serious matter.
Hitler couldn't have invaded Poland without shoes. Yeah you think about that!

Quote by Metallica708

Oh my god.
I knew I had a long lost brother
You can die from having too much oxygen
Quote by mustardman
Granted, they're crap, but they're decent.
i had like 8 rockstars once, and i was fine. but i don't really like energy drinks, cause you're hyper for a while, then you die.
Last.fm
My Recordnerd
Myspace

Quote by Crazy
okay. have fun. 1,567,584,586th time I've heard that in the pit

Quote by c0ld_3mphasis05
Not even that many people exist on this planet.

LOL
Quote by Parx
You can die from having too much oxygen

hes got a point

now adays everything can kill you

eating burnt toast can kill you now apparently.

This is my Myspace
Quote by Pink_blood
you know shoes are a very serious matter.
Hitler couldn't have invaded Poland without shoes. Yeah you think about that!

Quote by Metallica708

Oh my god.
I knew I had a long lost brother
Quote by Mr. Thingy

Wow, ok bullshit
Unless you have a very serious heart condition and drink like 10 red bulls then you might die.
too much of ANYTHING will kill you

but energy drinks taste good so go for it
It's only if you drink a lot at one time.
Quote by boredloserkid1
i have 3 balls n no penis..its called flopeouinesinea

Quote by Burpin'Worm
I'd suck off my grandad while getting bummed by my dad and tossed off by my brother for a million.
Quote by Metallica798
hes got a point

now adays everything can kill you

eating burnt toast can kill you now apparently.

How so?
667 The neighbor of the beast

Yamaha APX-8S
It's possible, but not practical.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by feedthenight
urban myth

Nope I had been drinking pop during the day once then in the evening I was pulling an all nigher so I had a rockstar and I could feel my heart beating faster and I got sick all of a sudden, so it's very possible I think for you to die from too many energy drinks.

I drink them though after a while it's hard to pull a 12 hour shift without them. I tried a tab today and didn't like it.
Page 1 of 2