Ok, So I know many people get rid of that true bypass click by puttign a resistor on the output and input jacks. However, I need to know what value, and where exactly to palce the resistor. Does it just go from the hot lug on the jack to ground, or should it be placed farther up the wire before the jack and go to ground? Thansk in advance.
Rhett
Like good folk/indie music? Check us out at www.myspace.com/mckenzieshae
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
a 1Meg resistor typically, on the input, before anything, and on the output, after everything going to the jack. that should do the job.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Thanks guys. Any other solutions? I have an MXR Mini amp, and everytiem i swithc it on i get a horrible click. Which solution would be the most appropriate in this situation?
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
Quote by ECistheBest
a 1Meg resistor typically, on the input, before anything, and on the output, after everything going to the jack. that should do the job.

this one
Ok, does the resistor go between the jack and the wire going to the board, or form the jack to ground?
no. one end goes on the wire between the jack and board, and the other end to ground. so it'd be like... putting a 1Meg resistor between the hot/ground tips of the jack.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
OK, I get it now.