Page 1 of 2
I'm sick of it. They've ruined it all from TV to videogames. Back in my day, you could jump on a walking mushroom's head and a coin would pop out, these days, about 85% of video games are shooters, 10% are sports games and the remaining 5% are the few RPGs that come out, and they all have realistic elements to them.

Back in the PSX/N64 days, realism was considered cool because it was different in games. It wasn't possible before that point, but they did not forsake creativity -- look at crash bandicoot, and spyro for example. Nowadays, I find that most, if not all, games forsake playability and fun for realism and graphics. Seriously, we don't need 5000 different shooters on the shelves, we need more adventure and puzzle games. Nintendo seems to be the only one who isn't a (complete) sell-out of the whole industry.

and what about TV? I miss the days I could flip through the channels and watch sitcoms, adult-style cartoons, series like the x-files and Roswell, you know, shows about crap that I will never experience in real life. But no, I have to watch some fu***** reality TV -> which BTW, I'm totally convinced is fake. TV stations could get sued if they don't tell people they are on TV (the premise of some shows), and I'm pretty sure survivor has been proven a fake.

and what the hell is up with that pirates show? I would just do whatever I wanted if I was on it. Real pirates would kill you, these ones can only make you dive off the plank for a refreshing swim and then pull you out. They can't kill you, it's like a damn costume party on a boat. They can't smuggle, steal, kill, hell, they are just guys in damn pirate suits. They worst bootlegging they can do is downloading crap on their laptops off bittorrent.

I hate this generation, and just about everything about it...
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Last edited by spiroth10 at Jul 18, 2007,
most adventure and puzzle games are boring as shit. with a few exceptions.

edit: but reality tv does suck.
Oh Shit!
Last edited by catchy phrase at Jul 18, 2007,
Quote by spiroth10

. Real pirates would kill you, these ones can only make you dive off the plank for a refreshing swim and then pull you out.

Good point until you pissed all over it with this self-contradicting statement.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
Buy a 360 and Gears of War. Nothing like taking a chainsaw to a horde of filthy locusts.
666 BRO
Quote by Kankuro
Buy a 360 and Gears of War. Nothing like taking a chainsaw to a horde of filthy locusts.

or sticking them with a grenade or blowing there heads up or f***ing anything in gears of war that games insane
Quote by stanleybach
"That is for sex, not for you, thank you come again!"

Quote by velly69
You know what they say: " You use it or you lose it".
Did you check the expiration date on your balls?
Quote by bpf3991
or sticking them with a grenade or blowing there heads up or f***ing anything in gears of war that games insane

Sick game indeed. I'm hoping the sequell is even better, well the game ends like they're making a sequel. Oh and by the way, why did Carmine have to die?

Back to the point though, realism is good in games. Realism as in total freedom, well at least somewhat total freedom. Assassin's Creed? Anyone?
666 BRO
you just havent given FPS games a good enough chance. Just wait till Halo 3 you will be amazed. As for TV, i dont even watch it anymore. I have lost all faith in television except for the news, and documentaries.

that lightning hammer thing in GoW is hectic.
1.) Reality TV is complete **** to begin with
2.) TV, with a few exceptions, is complete ****
3.) Games are becoming more realistic these days because platforms like the 360 allow games to be more realistic... back in the day with the NES you had Mario jumping around because they were 8bit consoles...

Honestly if your saying that todays realistic games: Call of Duty, Gears of War, Halo 3(soon), Final Fantasy XII are bad your retarded
Last edited by Beowulf 2112 at Jul 18, 2007,
Quote by Kankuro
Sick game indeed. I'm hoping the sequell is even better, well the game ends like they're making a sequel. Oh and by the way, why did Carmine have to die?

im surprised by how many people like that guy i f***ing hate him and laughed when he got shot (after screaming oh ****!)

the games ending kinda sucked...

dont care if this is off topic but they better make a sequel cus nothing beats being online with 3 friends owning everybody that even tries taking us on
Quote by stanleybach
"That is for sex, not for you, thank you come again!"

Quote by velly69
You know what they say: " You use it or you lose it".
Did you check the expiration date on your balls?
Uhhh, they can get sued which is the reason why after they film the person they have them filled out a waiver.

And how old are you?
^ Yeah TV has turned to shit in the US.

Quote by bpf3991
im surprised by how many people like that guy i f***ing hate him and laughed when he got shot (after screaming oh ****!)

the games ending kinda sucked...

dont care if this is off topic but they better make a sequel cus nothing beats being online with 3 friends owning everybody that even tries taking us on

Carmine was the lovable rookie soldier voted "Most Likely to be Shot". I just thought he looked cool. I was in tears when he was shot. Come on.

BTW to all you non-familiar to Delta Force, Carmine is on the left.
666 BRO
Last edited by Kankuro at Jul 18, 2007,
i guess this "generation of realism" is something all people can connect to. maybe people just don't like the ideas of fantasy. for instance, a lot of my friends play WOW and they always talk about it, and i go "i wonder if they made world of starcraft...". most of my friends agree that WOS would probably out sell WOW because people these days prefer realism over fantasy. I guess its just something they can relate to a lot better and feel more comfortable doing. I myself prefer fantasy because I want to be taken to places never thought possible. oh well, what the **** are you gonna do?
Quote by Mad Marius
Because there's no point in being on the Internet of you're not gonna act like an arrogant prick.
Quote by guitarshark2099
i guess this "generation of realism" is something all people can connect to. maybe people just don't like the ideas of fantasy. for instance, a lot of my friends play WOW and they always talk about it, and i go "i wonder if they made world of starcraft...". most of my friends agree that WOS would probably out sell WOW because people these days prefer realism over fantasy. I guess its just something they can relate to a lot better and feel more comfortable doing. I myself prefer fantasy because I want to be taken to places never thought possible. oh well, what the **** are you gonna do?

Let's not ruin Starcraft...
There's plenty of games without realism...Prince of persia for example. Theres tons of crazy monsters unexistant in reality.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
lmao. penn and teller got tired of everyone complaining about how dangerously real video games are getting so they made a game where you drive a bus from LA to vegas in real time. then you turn around and drive back in real time. it never got produced, but it's pretty hilarious.
#DTWD
If you don't like new games, but you do like old ones, just play old games.
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
Quote by Kankuro

Back to the point though, realism is good in games. Realism as in total freedom, well at least somewhat total freedom. Assassin's Creed? Anyone?

Don't know if anyone else posted this but Gears is pretty much confirmed to be a trilogy, I think it was Cliffy B who said that at some press conference. They're about to release it on PC though so it'll be a while before they get to that I guess.
Quote by Slaytanic6606
There's plenty of games without realism...Prince of persia for example. Theres tons of crazy monsters unexistant in reality.

Pfft.... God of War > Prince of Persia
666 BRO
modern games are too scary/realistic/agressive, in the days of Mario/Sonic they were actually fun, it didnt matter i you lost because the character just fell out of the screen and you tried again, now, if you die your best friend gets mutilated, your wife and your family get raped and killed, and the world is destroyed because you failed, and its all so sad. I dont want moralistic and heavy stories of death and mutilation, i just want to get a few coins and try and beat an unbelievably unrealistic boss that wont destroy the entire world if you lose
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
Quote by GreenDayChris
If you don't like new games, but you do like old ones, just play old games.

+1.

I don't like the newer games that much, so I didn't buy a system, I own a Gamecube, which doesn't get a tremendous amount of use, when I want to relax I play N64 or Genesis or something. Those systems have the games I grew up on, and as a casual gamer, I'm not all that interested in the latest and greatest. No use in complaining about it, just don't play new games or games you don't like; simple.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
Yeah I do think they're is a niche waiting to be filled. There are some real good creative possibilities that companies are overlooking.
We're only strays.
Quote by bearded_monkey
Meh

"Bob Dylan once wrote...the times they are a changin'...spiroth10 had never heard that song."

Bob Dylan is a gimp

>.>
<.<
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
As posted above Assassin's Creed does look awesome.

The thing I'm starting hate more and more is how everything has to have a sequel. Gears of War, no they can't just make a nice long game, they have to make it short and release 2-3 sequels for it so you end up paying for 3 games f you want to play them all. It seems like almost every game has a sequel, is a sequel, or is having a sequel made about it.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by bearded_monkey

You take that back or face the consequences!!!

No

Nothig against Bob Dylan.

BUT I hate his ****ing fans. Nothing is more fun that hearing one go..."No he can't sing...but oh...he's a GREAT SONGWRITER"

which...they ALll do.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by meh!
No

Nothig against Bob Dylan.

BUT I hate his ****ing fans. Nothing is more fun that hearing one go..."No he can't sing...but oh...he's a GREAT SONGWRITER"

which...they ALll do.

RIGHT THATS IT!!!!!!!!

I'm adding "meh!" to my list of enemy's
Quote by Kankuro
Pfft.... God of War > Prince of Persia

Agreed. but I don't have a PS2
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Buy a Wii if you don't want that ratio of games. Nintendo Wii has a higher amount of less realistic games than any other console I'd say (only considering home consoles, not DS).

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - not a gun in sight, and fantasy story and landscape.

Super Paper Mario - takes Mario to the extreme of unrealistic.

Wii Sports - pretty unrealistic sports games

Metroid Prime 3 - fantasy shooter which while having realistic graphics is purely unrealistic in the surroundings and creatures.

Super Mario Galaxy - Mario in outerspace on tiny planets which shouldn't have enough gravity to support his jumping, and unrealistic graphics and creatures.

Warioware - stylised but not realistic at all.

Excite Truck - racing game which doesn't obey gravity and doesn't act realistic.

etc

The list for DS is huge and the list for Wii is growing. As for tv I usually only watch dramas such as Lost and Prison Break, and comedies such as Scrubs and Family Guy because reality TV is dull.
Page 1 of 2