Ive been thinking of getting the Ibanez ICB300ex, but ive heard the balance is off and you have to hold the neck up with your hand. Would it be possible to fix this? I tried searching but i keep getting errors.
You can usually move the strap button to fix neck diving.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

I really wouldnt feel comfortable putting a new hole in a brand new $500 bass though. Plus then I would have to patch and try to match the old hole to the body.
why not go down to the shop your gonna buy it from and play around with things down there or ask the person that works there. unless of course your buying it off the internet in which case your screwed
Meh, the ICB is the Iceman, right? I have one, and the neck dive is really easy to get used to. Just resting your right hand on the body of the bass is enough to keep it from diving.
-PLAIDOCASTER
-Ibanez Iceman Bass (Sunburst)
-Nonack Special Mk. II (Blood Red Mahogany/ Natural Binding)
-Fretless Soundgear (Color Shift Purple/Blue/Red/Orange)
-Pearl Export 5 pc. Drumset (Black)
I went to the guitar center, but they didnt have one. Not a great selection of basses. But i did talk to the guy there and hes the one that told me about the balance. He also said he loved it though, which is why im thinking of getting one. I will be going to Colo. Springs soon to look up there.
tie a shoe string around the neck way at the top and connect the strap there, thats what i do with all my guitars
Well what I've seen people do is instead of having the hole, they leave that strap button in and just insert a new one wherever they drill. You'll have 3 instead of 2 then and if you ever resell, the other person will have the option of the orginal or new button.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

It wont litertally make the whole front of the bass pull you down, do pushups??
j/k

Raise your strap?
You can sometimes get away with angling the bass in such a way that it counteracts the weight of the headstock. Or get a strap with a rubber pad and tape it stiff if need be.

I would like to add 2 cents and say that it's inexcusable for a modern bass to have neck diving problems. Things like neck-dive essentially come from poor designs.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
the true answer lies in the post above. don't buy a bass that already has design issues. neck dive makes for an uncomfortable bass. get one that doesn't.