Okay, my cords are always breaking, not like in half, just the copper comes off it seems. How is this even happening? I don't yank on the cord when I disconnect it from the amp. But just yesterday my cord cut out totally, I checked and the copper on both ends are connected. I used to be able to wiggle it and get the sound going through, but it's gone now. So, is that cord done for unless, I strip and cut it back and re sadder? Or could it possibly the wiring in my guitar?
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Re-solder, yes. And are you using cheap cords?
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Solder
Solder
Solder

Buy some better quality cables. don't even have to be expensive, i got a 10ft Rotosound branded cable for £5.95, beats the **** out of a 20ft crappy one.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
After you stop playing roll your cables up correctly, keep a jack in one hand, put your other hand about 2ft down the cable and pull the two together then put them both in your left hand with the jack, then repeat, otherwise the copper in your cables can bend and break just like thin pieces of metal, cause thats what it is =]
I Love Oreos, And im English =D
mine does that because i used to drop it on the ground when i was done so im going to either_buy_a_really_good_cord_and_not_drop_it_or_save_the_money_and_get_a_wireless_system
Quote by fender_212
mine does that because i used to drop it on the ground when i was done so im going to either_buy_a_really_good_cord_and_not_drop_it_or_save_the_money_and_get_a_wireless_system

why_are_you_typing_like_this?
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Buy a better quality cable. I broke about 4 of the cheap ones you get for free pretty easily, not I have some 10 ft. cables that were $10 each, and I've never had any problems with 'em. If you go wireless, like people are suggesting for some reason, expect to either pay a good amount of money or get a crappy system.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
I used to break cables about 1 every 2-3 months.

I've had my Dimarzio cables for about 6 and I've had no problems yet. They provide an excellent signal too and when you roll them up they don't curl up when you unroll them.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
get monster cables, expensive, BUT WILL LAST FOREVER!!!! plus, if they **** up, monster will send you new ones for free
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Quote by senor_penguin
get monster cables, expensive, BUT WILL LAST FOREVER!!!! plus, if they **** up, monster will send you new ones for free

Monster cables are slightly oversized, they ruin 1/4 jacks over time.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Monster cables are slightly oversized, they ruin 1/4 jacks over time.

seriously? i was thinking about switching to them. i used someones one time i was impressed with the sound quality.
^ they suck. they sound bad and they break very easily. the best way to go is to make cables yourself. you select the components and its cheaper than a lot of ****ty stuff out there.
Planet Waves cables all the way. Youll never go back
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
I use Peavey XLR cables on my mics. On guitars I use some no name brand ones that I got at my local guitar shop, but they have lifetime warrenties and a gold input 20' Monster cable is what I've been using lately into my 5150. Great sound quality and the cable itself doesn't get all tangled up easily because it's made out of a heavier material than normal cables.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i just buy the cables that are guranteed not to break so when i break them they give me a new one
I buy and use cheap unbranded ones (or I did, once) then make sure I'm not a clumsy oaf and don't break them.
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Epiphone SG CS Ltd Ed 1966 Reissue
Cort M200/WS
Richwood RS17CCE acoustic
Hayden Mofo
Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion V30

My Band - Haemasmtha
i had the same problem, found a lead with a lifetime garentee, has yet to fail me.
-Th®Ï¿¿ $éè|{é®-
Epiphone Gothic
'The higher you fly, the further. you fall'
how much does a wireless system cost anyways?
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
I bought about 4 Fender California leads about 2 years ago, all of them are working 100% and i use them pretty much every day, they cop a fair bit of abuse too. I looked on some website and they're about $8.00US. I don't know much about guitar leads but they do the job well.