Will I lose sustain with a Floyd Rose in comparison to a string-through-tune-o-matic bridge on my guitar?
Yup.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
How much? If I've managed without a FR untill now, is there any reason for me to order one if I'm not certain that I'll use it very much?
If you want the whammy bar effect without the whammy bar, get a whammy pedal. They're expensive, but not as expensive as getting a new guitar with a Floyd Rose. The Digitech RP350 is a great pedal.
Stromberg Montreux
Schecter Hellraiser 7 String
Mesa Boogie "Son of Boogie" 100W Head
Mesa Boogie 112 Cab with a Celestion Vintage 30
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
Death By Audio Fuzz War

I'm getting a new guitar anyway. I'm just wandering if I should put in a FR or not. It's a carvin.
If you aren't sure that you need an FR, then you shouldn't get one.
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i never like floyds they piss me off. there a bitch to re-string and they distract me from actually playing
Excellent idea to get a Carvin .

Which model and what additions are you getting?
Quote by utsapp89
congrats on choosing Carvin

You will lose alot of sustain with a Floyd. but depending what model Carvin your getting, you may not notice. The DCs are all neck-through, which adds loads of sustain compared to a bolt-on. I say get a wilkinson tremolo, you won't lose as much sustain, it stays in tune just fine (as long as your not doing Vai or Dimebag type stuff) and its alot cheaper.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
I've decided to go for the CT3M, M22SD(b) and C22J(n), Ruby Red Stain, and these speccs:
- BC - Black Chrome Plated Hardware
- SL - Dunlop Straploks
- 406 - Cream and black coils and black bezel
- STF - stainless steel frets, med-jumbo .048" tall x .103" wide
- BMF - Birdseye maple fingerboard with black dot inlays
- I would really like to have FSR- Ruby Red Stain colour.
- HC11- Form-fitted ABS plastic hardshell guitar case
Quote by FacingUsAll
If you aren't sure that you need an FR, then you shouldn't get one.

i agree.

basically, you'll probably lose a bit of sustain with a floyd. if you use a floyd a lot, this probably won't concern you, and most of the better floyds have pretty good sustain.

it really depends what you want and need it for. if your next guitar is to be an 80's shred guitar, you might want a floyd, etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?