Page 1 of 2
...When people call you emo for a dumb reason?

For example, i was wearing my Number of the beast: Iron Maiden shirt and people start calling me emo.......... I'm 100% positive that Iron Maiden isn't emo at all, They are heavy Metal
i wore a black shirt, and a fat goth girl kalled me emo. wtf?
You are not your job.
You're not how much money you have in the bank.
You're not the car you drive.
You're not the contents of your wallet.
You're not your fucking khakis.
You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
People are close-minded. You have to realize that the majority of people only listen to the music put in front of them (a.k.a. MTV and Top 40), so they've probably never even heard of Iron Maiden. And since "Emo" has become a derrogative term, the phrase is thrown around loosely, and these people that have essentially no knowledge of genres other than what's popular, they group everything else as "Emo". Especially if it's a black shirt. Just because they're ridiculous.

Most of the girls I hang out with are the annoying Laguna Beach bitches, so I know how they think.
a friend of mine was wearing a pink tye dye shirt with pink flair-y trousers and had dyed his hair pink and was called greebo while we were walking in town.

beats your story ts

that was a true wtf moment
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
lol at my school quite a few people would be like iron maiden nice!!! but there arent a lot of metalheads at my school
Don't you hate it when you go to the bathroom and there's no toilet paper?
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Arthur Curry
People are close-minded. You have to realize that the majority of people only listen to the music put in front of them (a.k.a. MTV and Top 40), so they've probably never even heard of Iron Maiden. And since "Emo" has become a derrogative term, the phrase is thrown around loosely, and these people that have essentially no knowledge of genres other than what's popular, they group everything else as "Emo". Especially if it's a black shirt. Just because they're ridiculous.

Most of the girls I hang out with are the annoying Laguna Beach bitches, so I know how they think.

+50

i am always called emo at my school because i listen to rock that no one has heard of because they only listen to watever is on the radio

they have even said the only reason they call me emo is becaue my hairs black its so ridiculous
Quote by stanleybach
"That is for sex, not for you, thank you come again!"

Quote by velly69
You know what they say: " You use it or you lose it".
Did you check the expiration date on your balls?
Last edited by bpf3991 at Jul 18, 2007,
Quote by Smokey Amp
Don't you hate it when you go to the bathroom and there's no toilet paper?

I don't, it gives me opportunity to work on my ninja skillz
^^ Credit card style ftw
G - L - O - R - I - A is love.... my friend.
I got called emo because I'm growing my hair out, it was long and I cut it for my girlfriend and realized it was a HUGE mistake so its getting long, and it looks emo now but I'm into metal, classic rock, and psychedellic music so I don't get it. I've never worn an emo band shirt. I think most people assume long-er than normal guy hair/died wierd color hair + any black shirt+skate shoes/converses=Emo.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Quote by Arthur Curry

He hit the nail on the head. Down with pop culture.
Quote by JDawg
Do you wear makeup? Are you sad? Do you have friends? Do you wear converse shoes? Did you have a rist band on? Are you sure it was the shirt?

I wear..White baggy shorts, No bracelets/bands, Adidas running shoes, at shcool im happy, and i dont wear makeup
Quote by Malakian88

Quote by stanleybach
"That is for sex, not for you, thank you come again!"

Quote by velly69
You know what they say: " You use it or you lose it".
Did you check the expiration date on your balls?
i wear mcr shirts.

i get called emo all the freakin time...
its kinda funny.

If you wear a MCR shirt you will be called emo because they are emo.
... when people are in love, they're so. they're so happy. so fucking happy.

and yeah, i got called emo for something. i think it was listening to weezer. lol. "butterfly" is a pretty emo song though.
#DTWD
yeah, i'm naturally a shy person, but the minute I wear a black shirt (by coincidence) I shift from just shy to emo. But I'm not emo. I don't even have long hair. Meh!

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Quote by primusfan
... when people are in love, they're so. they're so happy. so fucking happy.

and yeah, i got called emo for something. i think it was listening to weezer. lol. "butterfly" is a pretty emo song though.

hahaha. If it was solely based on lyrics, I'm sure everyone would call Weezer an emo band.

But it's so damn catchy..
yeah Iron Maiden aren't emo, any who knows rock knows that,my point being these people don't know rock so why should you care what they say.
I get called emo when I'm wearing my Slayer T-shirt and +agazillionbillion to what Arthur Curry said on page 1.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
I like listening to pop-punk so that, apparently, makes me emo

Ask someone what emo is and they'll say "you know people with... black hair, who cut themselves, cry all the time". People are idiots.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Yep...Almost everybody in my shcool listens to that (c)rap or some pop****cle

i only know about 5 people thats listens to music, not sounds
I live in Nz which is spoon fed by the US and the Uk's left over pop culture...so if your not a gangsta or the kind of kid who always wears flashly polo shirts your and Emo or a Bogan (stupid slang for metalhead). Im not either of those but i get called emo so fcking much, my friend said im emo beacuse i have long hair (which is not black btw) and beacuse i wear chuck taylors...retard
Member #12 of the Can't we forget about punk, emo, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK? group. pm rockon1824 to join

Quote by Taoistic_Beer

HEY GUYS, DANI CALIFORNIA ON MAX VOLUME, 100 % CLEAN. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I think you should pretend you've never heard the word before, and ask for a deffinition, and when they reply, with what ever answer they have in there head, just say, hmmmm well i guess i;m not emo then.
hahah thats actuly a really good idea...any way the kids who call me emo arent worth it there the kind that need someone to pick on so they can make converstation and stay cool.
Member #12 of the Can't we forget about punk, emo, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK? group. pm rockon1824 to join

Quote by Taoistic_Beer

HEY GUYS, DANI CALIFORNIA ON MAX VOLUME, 100 % CLEAN. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Quote by shtiming
...When people call you emo for a dumb reason?

For example, i was wearing my Number of the beast: Iron Maiden shirt and people start calling me emo.......... I'm 100% positive that Iron Maiden isn't emo at all, They are heavy Metal

I have that shirt, but my cousin stole it
GO RED WINGS!!!
I always get cast into the emo steriotype at school...despite the fact I love hippie music and early metal and wear tye-dye and crap like that al the time...
Page 1 of 2