when playing guitar with my headphones - it only plays on the left side. is there a program or something that can make it stereo while i'm playing (i'm not talking about recording and then convert to stereo). thanks

(i'm currently running a cable from the headphone out on the amp to line in on the computer, and headphones are hooked to the computer). i basically want to be able to listen in stereo while i'm playing and be able to record at the same time.
Last edited by sumthng at Jul 18, 2007,
I've done that and I had an awful tone. Why not record with a mic?

BTW, I have no idea how to get both headphones working o.0
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
you're probably using a mono cable between the computer and headphone-out. Find a stereo one. Your headphone-out is stereo so you just need the right cable and/or adapter (to go from 1/4 to 1/8)
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
thanks for the quick responses,

i have the same setup that i had w/ a different (cheaper) amp that came out stereo (stereo cables etc.). doesn't make sense. and i'm in an apartment so the headphones are appreciated by the neighbors.

by the way the amp is a mesa boogie rocket 44
i guess it must be the amp then. which doesn't make any sense. I've never come across and amp that had a mono headphone output. You sure you're using the exact same adapters as before. Because some go from stereo to mono.
If its just the amp I cant really help you. I don't really know of anything that will pan your left channel over to the right on the fly. Dig around in your sound settings and see what you find I guess. Hope it works out for ya.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
i can say for a fact that if you use the Line In on the computer, it'll only play over the left headphone, regardless of if you use stereo or mono cable (i have done both). if you plug it into the Microphone input, it will play back and record with two channels (not stereo, but two channels).

i get the same problem when i forget to change the input from Line In to Microphone when switching instruments/recording sources. i record my keyboard in stereo (and thus use Line In), and my preamp through the Mic input.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com