HI, I'm interested in buying this guitar but I've heard bad things about the Edge III bridge. I like the fact that it has EMGs. Is this a good guitar to get or are there better guitars with EMG pickups? My budget is $500 but max limit is $600. Thanks.
Jackson DK2M

Mesa Single Rectifier Half Stack

Boss GT-8

Line 6 Uber Metal

Dunlop 535Q Crybaby

Peavey Rage 158
If you like it, I would get it.

It's not like the guitar has things that cannot be changed. You can swap the trem for an OFR in the future if you would like.

The EMG's are not EMG's, they are Designed by EMG. Nowhere near the same.

For your budget though, I would suggest a hardtail.
Could you please suggest a specific guitar for me?
Jackson DK2M

Mesa Single Rectifier Half Stack

Boss GT-8

Line 6 Uber Metal

Dunlop 535Q Crybaby

Peavey Rage 158
i personaly have had very little troube with my edge III bridge, really the only problems i come across are the trem springs need to be adjusted when i put in a new set of strings but other than that it stays in tune just fine but one thing you might want to do is wrap a small amount of tape that goes into the hole if you get it because the trem bar loves to fall out

hope that helps

oh and there are some hardtail ESP's with EMG actives in your price range i think
Last edited by Dance_of_Death at Jul 18, 2007,
i am lookin to by one of these and i have found the only big problem is the bridge which only acts up when u do major gauge or tuning changes. most of the reviews also say the pickups sound good as well.
member of the fender armada. PM mr_hankey or hendriko to join

cuz fender is awxome its true
I have the RG320FM with EMG 89/81 combo, and edge pro tremolo. It's a sick guitar. If you're willing to drop an extra $350-$400 on the guitar, go for it. If not, I wouldn't bother with it.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio