Page 1 of 2
Women can be emo but I don't like to see emo guys. Men only have two primary feelings: anger and lust. Emos defy that and I find it blasphemous. And this thread is probably going to be closed any moment now.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
"trendy" people make me mad and thats what emo is, a trend.
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
nobody h8s them everyone loves me..lol
ESP LTD AX-50
BOSS MT-2
Line6 Spider lll

Commanda of the esp4lyfe club. PM me or Snuffles to join

Member of the Anti-Ibanez Militia
PM Verminitude to join.
You can't complain without reason, no wonder americas starting to suck, all emo kids go "it's so hard " but walk out of hot topic with 400$ of stuff and then walk out of guitar center with 3000$ worth of equipment they did nothing to earn and then go home to hurt themselves. while kids like me who LOVE life are working a 9 to 5 job without complaint (as a matter of face thankful to have a job) to buy a guitar. So I say to them like I always do Sit down Shut up and if you need attention then get a puppy.
everyhting is a trend if you make it that way, just being more in touch with you emoutions dont make you a ****ty person, it just pisses peopel off that you ain't as shallow as them. Btw i hate all these trend falloutboy loving emo ****s. Emo is a bull**** word now it's lost its real meaning.
I don't I just don't mix with them, and ignor them. It't not nice to go calling Emos names...
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Because people make too many threads about them. It gets annoying.
Instead of hating the threadstarter, they hate the Emos. It's not fair, but life isn't fair.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Dr.Jimmy
You can't complain without reason, no wonder americas starting to suck, all emo kids go "it's so hard " but walk out of hot topic with 400$ of stuff and then walk out of guitar center with 3000$ worth of equipment they did nothing to earn and then go home to hurt themselves. while kids like me who LOVE life are working a 9 to 5 job without complaint (as a matter of face thankful to have a job) to buy a guitar. So I say to them like I always do Sit down Shut up and if you need attention then get a puppy.

well said....i hope there puppy dies tho!
Quote by Iamafunguy
Its become a trend to hate them.

please, there is a good reason why the majority of people hate "emos." You think it was a trend for the majority of the world to hate Hitler? As extreme as my comparison may be to some, it enough evidence to show that just because the majority goes one way that it isn't a "trend." Personally, i despise people who think that their insignificant problems are so bad that they have to publicly display their emotions on their sleeve. Also, i dislike guys who wear girls pants and have half assed hair. It is as if they are purposefully trying to be different yet they are just going by guide-lines that other people have set and in no way are they being different. There are plenty more reasons why i personally dislike them but i won't go into it unless asked
They complain too much.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
Quote by darkstar2466
Men only have two primary feelings: anger and lust.

I beg to differ... I'm probably a woman if that's true then.

"Emo"'s tossed around too much... Really what they refer to is depressed people with something wrong in their life which they really take to heart.
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Is it lame to quote yourself in your sig?
Quote by gigson111
nobody h8s them everyone loves me..lol

Allow me to introduce you to something new. I hate you.

People hate emo because it's like the 80's again....except a billion times worse.
Emos are like Gollum. UG is like Sam the Hobbit.

Sam the Hobbit accuses Gollum of everything and abuses him.
Quote by masterk1818
well said....i hope there puppy dies tho!

Why pick on a animal that's clearly more intelligent/creative than you?
Because peope are ignorant jerks who can't except people for who they are. Why do you care how somebody dresses if they're not bothering you. Just because most of you are too self concience to reveal you actually feel emoitions you go around bashing the people who aren't afraid to show that they have emotions. If you ask me some beating up somebody for the way the dress is definatly being more of a "pussy" then wearing girl pants. Most of you would be suprised to hear what real emo music is.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Jul 18, 2007,
Quote by SlinkyMcdougall
Allow me to introduce you to something new. I hate you.

People hate emo because it's like the 80's again....except a billion times worse.

the emo movement was during the 80s....
They're so f***king full of them selves and half the time their RICH AS HELL and still whine about how their daddy ONLY got them a Mercedes...Then they act like they're hot **** for knowing all these worthless underground emo bands, not to mention they have a habit of cross dressing, WHICH IS DISGUSTING...oh, and I forgot how they act like their different when they ALL look the same... /rant
Last edited by Imgameforlame at Jul 18, 2007,
I go to the mall once every few months if I'm with friends who have something to buy there. I feel very out of place because I see a lot of emos and they all look exactly alike and there sure are a lot of them.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Giansoldi
the emo movement was during the 80s....

I meant it's like hair metal

Incredibly flamboyant music in which the appearance is much more important than the actual music. Gotta get the hair all exactly the same. Dress up like women to get chicks.

However, Emo scores points for At The Drive-In (I guess) and I love Ratt but in general it's pretty much the same.
I look at people for who they are, not what they wear. I know that sounds like a bull****, cliche response, but it has a lot of truth to it. That word is throw around way too much though, so I don't even use it anymore. Unless I find myself on UG, where it seems a lot of "newbs" find it necessary to refer to everything as "emo". For example, Fallout Boy is "emo" apparently. Oh, god, FOB hatred. That's another ****in' story right there. Way too many people need to learn to leave people alone. Oh, the wear dark clothes and don't share musical tastes with you. Better make fun of them!
Nikolas
^Emo started in the 80's with The Rites of Spring.
Quote by SlinkyMcdougall
I meant it's like hair metal

Incredibly flamboyant music in which the appearance is much more important than the actual music. Gotta get the hair all exactly the same. Dress up like women to get chicks.

here are some pics of emo bands:

yea, they gotta have their hair exactly the same and they dress up like women (the one on the third pic is a women)... you're probably thinking of pop punk bands that are popular now a days not emo which died long ago

Quote by SlinkyMcdougall
However, Emo scores points for At The Drive-In (I guess) and I love Ratt but in general it's pretty much the same.

At the drive in are not emo
Last edited by Giansoldi at Jul 18, 2007,
That's what I call emo.

Nice avatar btw.

EDIT: Catch the band name by any chance?
Last edited by Maui Waui at Jul 18, 2007,
You have to realise emo has a new meaning, old emo is DEAD...new emo is unfortuately still living.
At The Drive In is not emo, I hate them because they make ****ty music.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
Quote by Imgameforlame
You have to realise emo has a new meaning, old emo is DEAD...new emo is unfortuately still living.

the meaning hasn't changed...it has just been misused so much that most ppl don't know what it is
What bothers me about "emos" is the fact that many willingly subscribe to a lifestyle that is not their own. They label themselves. They force their personality into a set of guidelines. They are conscripts to a false subculture. But it isn't just "emos". Whether it's emo, punk, metal, ganster, jock, or prep culture, it's a label, which can (and often will) restrict your self-expression and personality development. No matter how much you love their music, no matter how cool you think they look, no matter how much you agree with their idealistic premise, and whether it's 6 or 6,000 people who subscribe to the idea, you shouldn't label yourself.

Of course that's just an opninion.
Last edited by kstebor at Jul 18, 2007,
Quote by kstebor
What bothers me about "emos" is the fact that many willingly subscribe to a lifestyle that is not their own. They label themselves. They force their personality into a set of guidelines. They are conscripts to a false subculture. But it isn't just "emos". Whether it's emo, punk, metal, ganster, jock, or prep culture, it's a label, which can (and often will) restrict your self-expression and personality development. No matter how much you love their music, no matter how cool you think they look, no matter how much you agree with their idealistic premise, and whether it's 6 or 6,000 people who subscribe to the idea, you shouldn't label yourself.

Of course that's just an opninion.

i don't think that most ppl label themselves as part of a subculture...society does
Most of the arguments I've seen that are against emo are pretty stupid. To the guy who said that he doesn't like them because "they willingly subscribe to a life style that is not there own", how do you no it is not how they would live if there was no sence. Of course there are some people who are like that, but there are also punks and metalheads like that. To the people saying "they are rich and get whatever they want", how do you know there parents don't neglect or abuse them. I guess if you're rich you can't feel emotions or like the kind of music you want going by your philosphy. I really want to see a valid argument why people don't like emo.
beacuse they pretend to hate life when there life is actully really good most of the time
Member #12 of the Can't we forget about punk, emo, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK? group. pm rockon1824 to join

Quote by Taoistic_Beer

HEY GUYS, DANI CALIFORNIA ON MAX VOLUME, 100 % CLEAN. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
most people dont label themselves as emo they let others do that. they have **** in their lives that make them depressed and what ever they have ****ed up home lives not all of them are rich with good parents. they could still be rich and have ****ty parents and i mean like abusive parents or apathetic parents that arent really there or on drugs or **** like that. They could still be loners at school and ridiculed by everyone. They could see the world differently and such...even if theyre rich doesnt mean they have a perfect life. some of them are just doing it for the fashion. go to emoscene.com there are so many posers there.
Page 1 of 2