hey i just got a set last night.
i geuss i like them so far, i just have to get used to them.
ive been playing guitar for a couple years now and i have an epiphone les paul.

SOOO this whole bulletin is basicly,

what are your opinions on these strings?
The ones that come in a retardedly huge gauge?
They're dumb.
Actually, all signature strings are dumb.
holy christ himself, .72 gauge E that's either impressive or incredible
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07
I look at boobs and bums and stuff I get really horny and stuff.

PARTY OF SPECIAL THINGS TO DO
man my stupid arse put em on my hellraiser... not too satisfied lol
Favorite Bands (no specific order):
- Judas Iscariot
- Down
- Immortal
- Municipal Waste
- Artimus Pyledriver
I use the 10-60 set on my Gryphon, and I love them. Better bottom end than D'Adarrios
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
i only use them when i tune to Drop A or B! for that there great. Ghs strings have been teh best string for me and allways will be the best!
Epi Les Pau Quilt topl~Emg 81/85 Ghs 11's(1/2 step drop)
Charvel Model 4 EMG 81/SA/85 DR 10's (standard){for sale}
Peavey Deuce VT
Marshall JCM 800
Dunlop ZW-45 wylde wah
Dunlop RotoVibe
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Boss CE-5 Chorus
wow .72.........I'm a wimp i use .40 for my low e (ernie ball slinkys)
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
I put a set of Zakk Wyldes on an Epiphone Les Paul Studio at work and i had to file down the E and A nut slots to fit the insanely large strings. He had a 70 gauge E and a 52 gauge A. If you do use heavy ass strings like that you deffinately need to drop your tuning. The highest tuning i would tune to with those strings would be a whole step down from standard DGCFAD. But even in that tuning its still hard as **** to bend them and you can feel the tension in the strings and it might have lasting effects on the guitars neck. So just be careful.
Quote by LeaveNoAshes
I put a set of Zakk Wyldes on an Epiphone Les Paul Studio at work and i had to file down the E and A nut slots to fit the insanely large strings. He had a 70 gauge E and a 52 gauge A. If you do use heavy ass strings like that you deffinately need to drop your tuning. The highest tuning i would tune to with those strings would be a whole step down from standard DGCFAD. But even in that tuning its still hard as **** to bend them and you can feel the tension in the strings and it might have lasting effects on the guitars neck. So just be careful.

i bend a 68 like crazy. you just need to get used to the gauge. dont be a girly man
Ouch....i only use a 62 on my low B of my 7 string.....i'd love to experiment with heavier strings ut it's just too much hassle as im pretty satisfied at the moment.
People will tell you that you cant do this.. or that sucks etc etc but the bottom line is..

I play alot of downtuned stuff..mainly death metal/industrial metal

I love the lo -tunes on a standard scale..i threw some on a strat ..file the nut slightly to accomodate them and gave the truss a tiny tighten
these strings seem like they were made for B to B or drop A.E.A.D.F#.B ..
in this tuning you get that quick return of the string for fast picking.
you can set up with low action, bend and squeal great and still maintain a nice tight bottom end without having to have hulk fingers
PERFECT!!!

ive dumped my baritone (balance issues) ...and my 7 string (still cant get used to it) and gone back to a standard scale with this setup.
also you dont want to start modding your guitars yourself..grab an old plank and experiment.
hope thats been some help
The sum-b!tches rust faster than Petrucci's metal solos.... hence.... they rust damn fast.
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
You do realise if you manage to fit those strings into the nut then you'll need a new nut fitted if you plan on using normal gauges afterwards.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I have had those strings then used normal gauged ones afterwards with no nut problems.