i just got a epiphone g400 second hand without any pickups, and was wondering what pickup i should get. It doesnt have to be anything exciting, as it will just be a backup. this will be for the bridge position. i also want it to be somewhat versatile
Bill Lawrence L500?

not the XL version but the standard version.

Carvin pickups also compete with Dimarzio and SDs, but don't sound like either one. They're pretty cheap too.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
i cant order online, and the nearest gc only has dimarzios and seymour duncans, so ill probably end up buying one of those. which make should i get?
Quote by mustardman
i cant order online, and the nearest gc only has dimarzios and seymour duncans, so ill probably end up buying one of those. which make should i get?

depends on which model.
to TS: what style of music do you play?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Bill Lawrence pups are only about $50, and they're great.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
uhh, like $50 or 60. i just want one pickup, though. i dont really care how its looks cosmetically, i just want it to work.
GHS is a good option, I just put two of them in a guitar I built for a friend of mine and they SING. I'm actually rather jealous of their tone in some respects.

If you're looking for a hard-edged ceramic humbucker pick up Powered By Lace units. They're dirt cheap but they roar and sing wonderfully. Available on eBay or Musicians Friend.

I guess if you only want to replace one you could go for a Duncan or DiMarzio, but seriously dude: You're going to want to replace both unless you only play on one pickup all the time, in which case you're a monoTONE player, which is never as good as being able to use all the guitars pickups and combinations effectively.
for rock and blues, it'd be great if u get some kind of PAF voiced GFS pickups. the Fat alnico PAFs are great. the crunchy PAFs would be tight. any PAF voiced GFS pickup would be a nice pickup choice for you. and they'd be no more than $75 for both neck and bridge.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
to radiomuse: im going to put in a neck pickup eventually, im just a little stapped on cash, so instead of getting two weak pickups, id rather have one good pickup