i have been trying to learn the freebird solo but this part of the song has really been a pain in the bum

-----------15----------15----------15----------15----------15----------15-------|
--18p15-------18p15-------18p15-------18p15-------18p15-------18p15-------18p15-|
--------17----------17----------17----------17----------17----------17----------|
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

so how would i go about play that (what frets would i put my fingers)
Freebird? lol.

u semi-bar the 15 with index, pull off from 18 with ur ring finger, and have ur middle finger fretting the 17.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
ys i pley da fr33bIRd s0l0 cause i am uber 1337 gitar player

nah i just wanna get that solo down, i have been messing around with it for a while and i want to actually sit down and get the entire (or most) of the solo down (plus my frind plays the first few bars and it kinda pisses me off when he plays just the first few bars and expects credit)

a bit selfish but hey, maybe it will motivate him.......

then we have guitar duel!

and thanks, i can play that part almost at 1/2 speed now
its freaking awesome to do the dual guitar solo thing. and trade off playing phrases. it's so fun.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^hahaha. it's hard to convince people when they're deeply into that kinda stuff.

i convinced a guy in my economics class who was saying the Blink 182 drummer was the best drummer ever. i was like... dude, listen to 2112. that's ur homework. and then he came back, and he was like... "thanks dude. i didnt know it can get THAT far."

u can open up minds like that.

another trivia: the same guy also believed hardcore that slash was white. and i bet him $10 that he was half black half white with a black mom and a white jewish dad, and his real name was Saul Hudson. i won $10.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
i alternative pick it instead of pull off, so you should practice this was to make future solos easier, hit the 1st string then lift that finger and place on the 15 fret of the second string the down stroke the 18 string and up stroke for the 15 string and use your middle to get the seventh fret, but while your doing that move your index finger back and repeat