Well after saving and waiting for around a year, I finally reached about the half way of the 1500$ needed for a '62 fender reissue. However, today, a grand idea dawned on me: Warmoth. SO heres my question: would buying each separate part from warmoth be comparable to that of a fender? Im completely new to guitar customization, and excluding the new pickguard/pups i soldered and put in, itd be my first project (although really, warmoth would do 99% of the work).

EDIT: also, after working out the prices, it seems a warmoth would cost (very) approx 700-900 with everything I'd need, as opposed to the 1500 for the fender
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
they don't drill so many holes for you. like the strat button, u gotta drill urself. just throwing that out cuz i wanted a warmoth, but im not so great with drills.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
For 600 less, and exactly what you want, it's totally worth it.

The only thing you lose is the neck saying "Fender", but you already have a Fender, so it should all be good. By the way, Warmoth sells some pretty nice decals.

EDIT: To the fellow above me, I'm sure if you asked they could do it for you. If not, it wouldn't cost any more than 50 bucks (most likely a lot less) at a guitar shop.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Last edited by Will_Minus at Jul 19, 2007,
Judging by the avatar, I'm guessing you're a John Frusciante/RHCP fan, what with the wanting a 62 Strat (which is what John uses). Nothing wrong with that. That sounds like a good idea, but I don't know if it'll be the same amount of quality. You'll have to check with a more experienced user, I guess. Good luck though!
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
haha ya caught me on the John frusciante influence, but yeah, it seems to be a great deal, although the only apparent difference, other than the fender name, is the nitro finish that the 62 has, which ive heard sounds and ages better.

EDIT: to will minus: to you have an direct warmoth experience? my friend bought a bridge, and while it seemed to be of good quality, its hard to base much on that.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Last edited by HeartInACage at Jul 19, 2007,
Quote by Will_Minus
For 600 less, and exactly what you want, it's totally worth it.

The only thing you lose is the neck saying "Fender", but you already have a Fender, so it should all be good. By the way, Warmoth sells some pretty nice decals.

EDIT: To the fellow above me, I'm sure if you asked they could do it for you. If not, it wouldn't cost any more than 50 bucks (most likely a lot less) at a guitar shop.

they don't drill them. i e-mailed them, and completely said... "NO, WE DON'T DRILL ADDITIONAL HOLES." kinda made me sad...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
i kind of dig the comfort contoured heel from warmoth. it looks really tight.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I personally don't have any experience with Warmoth (yet), but I've read a lot of good things on the forum here. Defiantly worth the money, in my opinion.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
to experiment: the only problem with that site, while very cheap, is that they refuse to paint their guitars and warmoth wont accept nonwarmoth guitars to paint, and as Im a very poor guitar painter, I may just have to settle for warmoth

Ive heard fantastic things about their necks, and although expensive, they have the vintage gloss finish that i neeeeed.
thanks for all the help, and any more input would be appreciated also