Hey i've been playing guitar for a while but i have this one problem

When i bend up to another note its all good but as i come back i tend to hit another string and it plays the unnecessary open string

Please post your techniques of what you do while bending so i can just overcome this slight problem that ruins a song
When you bend a string, if your using your middle, ring, or pinky, use your index to mute the rest; or if your using your index, with some practice, mute the strings with either your other fingers or your picking hand
Epiphone Les Paul Custom with EMGs
There's a couple options. You can very carefully control the angle of your fingertips as you release the bend so that the string does not become pinched and subsequently plucked, but what I usually do is angle my fingers down more when I bend that far so that the other strings slide over the fingernails. Since you won't be fighting the extra tension this will reduce fatigue if you're trying to bend real far.
Palm muting solves every problem.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by Blaster Bob
There's a couple options. You can very carefully control the angle of your fingertips as you release the bend so that the string does not become pinched and subsequently plucked, but what I usually do is angle my fingers down more when I bend that far so that the other strings slide over the fingernails. Since you won't be fighting the extra tension this will reduce fatigue if you're trying to bend real far.

This is good advice.
I have been playing a long time and bends are no problem for me usually.
But sometimes I try to do huge bends, and the flesh of my bending fingertip makes contact with the next string or two up and twangs it when releasing the bend.
I find if I angle the finger I can get the strings to slide over the nail like you described and it's no problem.
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Epiphone SG CS Ltd Ed 1966 Reissue
Cort M200/WS
Richwood RS17CCE acoustic
Hayden Mofo
Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion V30

My Band - Haemasmtha