SO what kind of cool stuff can I do with Drop D? I've been playing around with it and I'm guessing I can do power chords with one finger. How are the chords constructed in this tuning? What options do I have?
Ballsier one fingered power chords pretty much. Try just messing around with different chords and scales. You'll find some that actually sound pretty cool with the low D.
Signatures are overrated.
Drop D is jus like ne other tuning its jus u cant do a lot of those power chords that u can do in Standard....but ya u can do those one finger power chords n they are good for the a mute g chords they jus work really well together.....n well their isnt a whole lot to it
Tons of Lamb of God songs use the drop D tuning. Great for fast, heavy riffing.
Quote by Jrod_Mtown
Drop D is jus like ne other tuning its jus u cant do a lot of those power chords that u can do in Standard....but ya u can do those one finger power chords n they are good for the a mute g chords they jus work really well together.....n well their isnt a whole lot to it

well basically all it is is you get two extra low notes/chords, D and D# and power chords on the low string require just one finger to chord.

I hate drop D to think of it.
Quote by Jrod_Mtown

my head hurts from reading that....
I hate this fu***** Tuning... but, I let the tuning on my acoustic guitar (i've got 2 acoustic guitars and one electric) so that I don't have to twiddle all day long with your guitar. It's the best i think, but like triviumjunkie said, drop d is very usefull, there are so much songs and hiole bands who take it.
I'm busy - You're ugly - Have a nice day!
The problem with Drop-D that a lot of guitarists have is they feel that it's a "lazy" tuning. But if you use it for more than easy power chords, you can do some nifty stuff with it.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Drop D just offers that extra lowness while playing with distortion.oh yeah, and one finger power chords.Check out Monkey Wrench by the foo fighters.
Drop D is cool. Just throw back a couple of brews, and have fun
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
But if you use it for more than easy power chords, you can do some nifty stuff with it.

Like what?
Just faster PCs pretty much, and alot easier to form, so you can make up some really fast progressions and perform them easier.

Come to think of it any drop tuning makes things easier, alot of guitarists i know use them, but again many consider it a lazy tuning, which isnt exactly true, it just makes it easier to do power chords. Lamb of God use Drop and Double Drop D almost exclusively and some of their songs are awesome.
Quote by CousticStrangla
SO what kind of cool stuff can I do with Drop D? I've been playing around with it and I'm guessing I can do power chords with one finger. How are the chords constructed in this tuning? What options do I have?

Cool stuff with Dropped D tuning? Death Metal.
Quote by Silent_Jester13
This is the biggest collection of ADD i've ever seen.
Quote by savio23q
Tons of Lamb of God songs use the drop D tuning. Great for fast, heavy riffing.

Correction.

I think all Lamb of God songs use Drop D...
they have a few in standard
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣