does any one else find it harder to play (especially fast stuff) when there hands are freezing??
by warm up you mean put hands in hot water? Seriously though i find that helps. also doing warm-up exercises afterwards..
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
yeah
i find it fairly difficult
i mean
i can hardly play any slayer if i haven't warmed up...
Gooby Pls.
oh yeah. I have bad blood circulation too so my hands are always cold, ergo I suck at guitar 90% of the time I play. Warming up helps though

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Doing the five knuckle shuffle might help lol.

Just pop your hands into a dish of warm water or over a radiator or something like that. But if you're playing outdoors you might want to take a flask of hot chocolate...with whiskey in it, so that way you keep warm and have a drink.

This tip was brought to you by...Constipated Racoons Adoring Postboxes C.R.A.P
Your muscles contract to keep warm, ie, they can't move as freely, making it harder to pwn with teh shr3dd0rz sk1lls11!!!1!
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by J.MitMetallica
Your muscles contract to keep warm, ie, they can't move as freely, making it harder to pwn with teh shr3dd0rz sk1lls11!!!1!

I don't know why, but that made me laugh

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Quote by .arkness:.
by warm up you mean put hands in hot water? Seriously though i find that helps. also doing warm-up exercises afterwards..

if you put your hands in hot water to warm them up, the finger tips with the hard skin on goes soft....wrongo
Just put your hands in a pillow case and sit on it, probably warm them up good. I know I can't play much of anything when my hands are cold.
One Way Ticket To Hell

Gear

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
-Peavey Studio Pro 112
-DigiTech Grunge
-Zakk Wylde Wah
-DigiTech Whammy
-MXR 10-Band EQ

Future Purchases
-EMG's 81/85
-Cab
-Krankenstein Head
-ESP Eclipse II
Use a hot water bottle. your hands will stay dry, and its about as warming as doing 5 minutes of scales.
~ the early bird gets the worm, but its the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese...
Last edited by scottybharris at Jul 19, 2007,
Quote by scottybharris
Use a hot water bottle. your hands will stay dry, and its about warming as doing 5 minutes of scales.

I never thought of that and I always warm up...damn good idea.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Put your hands under your balls. It's warm there
(no, seriously, I tried it once...)
Epiphone SG
Marshall JCM 800 2203
(no pedals, no effects, just lots of gain).
Why would you play guitar with freezing cold hands?

Hell, I live in colorado and I don't think I've played guitar with cold hands once. Usually when I come inside freezing my ass off I think WARM UP, not play guitar.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
I find it hard just to move them, let alone play guitar.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
I have poor circulation and if I don't warm up I end with with very sore hands, so yes, physical warming up (in terms of radiator/hot water bottle etc.) and guitar/bass warming up (scales and warm-up exercises) are especially important for me.
If they're not too bad (i.e it's summer and hot for a change) then usually just rubbing my hands together warms them up enough.
yeah i find it harder to play with cold hands.

So did John Lennon, if you see on the beatles rooftop concert, he kept blowing on his fingers to try to warm them up. Also apparently he kept complaining about his hand being too cold, but that was edited out
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Blompcube
So did John Lennon, if you see on the beatles rooftop concert, he kept blowing on his fingers to try to warm them up. Also apparently he kept complaining about his hand being too cold, but that was edited out

Like he had to play five string sweeps.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I too have really bad circulation in my hands so what I do usually is make fists so the heat is controlled usually warms them up, but obviously doing some scales and stuff and getting the joints loosened is going to help no matter what. The air conditioning in my room stinks though so it's always boiling hot and eventually it warms the hands.
I find it hard to play with really hot sweaty hands more of a problem actually.
Floyd Rose DST-2
Vox AD15VT
arr hate that.

Apparently if you do play with cold hands and try to do it fast it can damage your muscles in your hand??? I think it strains them. Then you wont be able to play at all!
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<