hi there, i have just bought a jim dunlop cry baby. i have connected the input and output and connected a powersupply up. i can hear my amp as normal through the pedal but when i operate the pedal i get no wah sound. am i missing somthing simple out here as its the first time i've used a wah pedal or is something else wrong. many thanks
did you press hard enough? it turns on right? leads in the right jacks? what guitar and amp are you using?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
You have to stomp it in the toe position until it clicks on, then it will work, that's also how you turn it off.

noob
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
I did the same thing with an old wah pedal I had, I was thinking I bought a defective one, then I stood up and applied weight to it and it worked....the thing was a piece of crap tho so I went to a dunlop.

Edit. I did the same thing with my Dunlop that you did, luckily I keep all of my old adapters and I think it might have been like the one for my Sega Gamegear that ended up working for me.
Quote by munit
I did the same thing with an old wah pedal I had, I was thinking I bought a defective one, then I stood up and applied weight to it and it worked....the thing was a piece of crap tho so I went to a dunlop.

Edit. I did the same thing with my Dunlop that you did, luckily I keep all of my old adapters and I think it might have been like the one for my Sega Gamegear that ended up working for me.

I accidentally turned my Budwah off and thought it was broken for a good 3-4 hours . . . I even emailed their customer support. I felt like an idiot when I told the guy I just accidentally turned it off.
The Crybaby can be a pain to turn on and off, a simple button to push beside the pedal would have been better. My RP350 has the option of adjusting how easily you turn it on and off in the toe position.