I was wondering if anyone could suggest some basslines to me. I'm up for any genre right now, but I'm looking for something with slapping/popping or a fun to play riff. Metal/Hardcore/Mathcore is good also, but something that isn't all drop tuned E string opened strumming. Thanks in advance.
get up and jump-rhcp

and wtf is mathcore?
Quote by GuitarHobbiest
What exactly is a powerchord?

Quote by laid_to_waste
My trouser snake is friendly. If you pet him, he might even do a trick! think I'm going to hell for that one.
Quote by JJTheMonkeyHoe
Anything by Incubus on their album S.C.I.E.N.C.E., or from their album Fungus Amongus

I've learned Speak Free already.

It's an amazing song.

Are there any songs in particular that I should check out.

RE: Mathcore is like...technical. Like The Human Abstract.
Quote by Bryan Bassist
I've learned Speak Free already.

It's an amazing song.

Are there any songs in particular that I should check out.

RE: Mathcore is like...technical. Like The Human Abstract.

Change you god damn font back to normal.

And if you want mathcore to learn go out and learn your favourite songs, Sikth and Protest the Hero are good places to start.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Change you god damn font back to normal.

+1
Quote by DUP3R
I like my women like I like my Pop-tarts : dipped in blood and covered in a gay man's feces.

This sig was too fucking big. Make it smaller next time, chief.
if i may suggest learn some Korn bass lines in standard tuning and play them slap and pop, that's what's entertaining me right now. smaking out right now as i run around my house
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Arif from PTH does a lot of open string playing, so I don't know about that, but he also does some crazy licks and tapping... Play some PTH stuff, although it is very challenging.
Around the World, Get on top, Tell me baby?
My Gear:
-1984 Fender Stratocaster
-Epiphone Les Paul <- The Worlds Nicest
-Gretsch Duo Jet
-Takamine EG334BC
-Mr.Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Marshall Jackhammer Distortion/Overdrive Pedal
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay Pedal
-Peavey Classic 50 4X10
Quote by Drmckool
if i may suggest learn some Korn bass lines in standard tuning and play them slap and pop, that's what's entertaining me right now. smaking out right now as i run around my house

I checked out Freak on a Leash and started to learn it already. I have all of their albums, but I've never gone back to check what songs in particular have a good line.
right now is my current favorite just cause it's not ckuttered but i think fieldy really made every note count in it
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by Drmckool
right now is my current favorite just cause it's not ckuttered but i think fieldy really made every note count in it

Yeah, it's not bad.
Quote by Bryan Bassist

RE: Mathcore is like...technical. Like The Human Abstract

mathcore is music with odd time signatures or time signatures that change several times throughout the song

such as The Fall Of Troy (gods)
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
smooth criminal? the panic on funkatron music is tabbed here, I'm still learning it but - i'm not really a funk ged.
alice cooper's "dead babies" or "gutter cats verses the jets" for lead bass riffs
Quote by pwninator123
mathcore is music with odd time signatures or time signatures that change several times throughout the song

such as The Fall Of Troy (gods)

Math metal FTW.

Mudvayne FTW.

A lot of my earlier compositions FTW too

Changing time sigs f*cking rules.

TS, one this page or page 2 of the bass forum is a BASS SONGS TO LEARN Thread. Go there.
if you looking for fun bass lines any rush is amazingly fun cause geddy lee is kick ass (if it has been tabbed right). funk is fun stuff like james gang always is fun to play.
WTF is mathcore?

Is it like when people do sums and head bang at the same time?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by Deliriumbassist
No, it's metal in weird time sigs and the such.

I though that was progressive

Dream Theater FTW!!!
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
i geuss play some mudvayne stuff its really fun. and i think there considered math metal or somthing?(whats up with that)
Quote by FLrhcpEA
That's a keyboard.

thats a a bass

go look o youtube

lots of ppl play it
First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
Quote by shdowfox17
thats a a bass

go look o youtube

lots of ppl play it

Ok Mr. Positive, google it. It was recorded on a keyboard. It can be played on bass, but it was actually played on a keyboard. You're wrong. Try typing correctly once, too. You'll make a better impression on people. /flame

TS, there are a ton of threads on this. You don't have to look past the first page to find them, either.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
"A signature of Seinfeld is its theme music. Composed by Jonathan Wolff, it consists of distinct solo sampled bass guitar riffs which open the show and connect the scenes, often accompanied by a "percussion track" composed of mouth noises, such as pops and clicks.

Seinfeld lacked a traditional title track and the riffs were played over the first moments of dialogue or action. They vary throughout each episode and are played in an improvised funk style with slap bass. An additional musical theme with an ensemble, led by a synthesized mid-range brass instrument, ends each episode."

/So sayeth the Wiki.
I win, the bass lines were "synthesized" and "sampled." Ok, this spamming needs to stop. I'm done. TS, just look through your music playlist and find a song you like. It's not that hard.

EDIT: Wiki knows all. It never fails.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.