Hey wuts up

I want to either buy or make a custom guitar the will give me a good metal/thrash/hardcore sound. I also am a lead guitarist so i solo a lot.

Which wood for the body would suit me better, mahogany or alder?
Dblanks
Shred

Soon to be a proud owner of a custom ibanez with a mahogany body, EMG 81 85 pickups, Floyd Rose, Ibanez Neck, Custom Paint Job(Not Sure Yet Wut Color, Let Me Know If You Have Any Cool Ideas)
To be honest, it really won't matter.
With all the distortion in your genres it won't make any tonal differences.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Alderzz!!! Lighter so you wont be hurting your back when your playing your solo's. And sounds nicer imo, not so muddy.
reported, duplicate thread.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Depends...
Mahogany=Sustain+Warm Tone
Alder=Lighter+Bright Tone

Since you're a solo player, maybe you'll want mahogany for better sustain and such.
You'll have to get some extra treble from your pickups so your solos aren't so muddy.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I'd take alder personally.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'