So I was gonna buy a new guitar from America and pay for the p&p, but apparently I have to pay "Import tax" how much is that gonna cost?
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Lots. I'm not entirely sure about a guitar, but I had to pay VAT on some stuff from the US not so long ago.
iv had to pay import from US to UK an i cant remember exactly how much it was im sorry, but recently i bought a paintball gun from the US an the value was $180 and the import tax was 20 quid.
Quote by splinter26
iv had to pay import from US to UK an i cant remember exactly how much it was im sorry, but recently i bought a paintball gun from the US an the value was $180 and the import tax was 20 quid.

Sounds like VAT(17.5%).
Quote by splinter26

Where'd you get that? I wanted to get a paintball gun but Im not sure if its legal or will be stopped at customs because it comes ina big shiny box that says "PAINTBALL GUN".

Im in Ireland, so should have similar laws regarding this, as you in the UK.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
yeah it was fine on the packaging it actualy said Ariakon Paintball Gun and showed the value etc. Its fine, but you cant get gasses shipped from abroad i know that much. I got it from eBay.

Shouldnt be a problem an you can make a good saving, just bare in mind the extra money you pay when it arrives. But you cant buy ariakon in UK so it was great for me either way
When we ordered some stuff from Hollister, we never actually recieved the UK import tax bill. I guess we slipped through the radar. Shwicked.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

I'm having chicken nuggets for lunch.

My Day > Yours