Ok so I listen to a lot of metal bands like Sikth, Sylosis, The Human Abstract, a lot of tech/prog/math. I normally play a Gibson SG Special but I want a guitar I can up the gauge on and keep in drop C or just Drop D on occasion.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-EX400-Electric-Guitar?sku=512028
That's the one I want and I was wondering if anyone has one, what you like/ don't like about it, good stock pickups? etc.
yup, i've got that exact one, it's ****ing epic, you seriously won't regret getting one, it can handle all the stuff you throw at it, i learnt vela, together we await the storm a couple of weeks ago on it.

i replaced the 60 with an 85 because i thought it was a little weak, but yeah, it's one of the best guitars i've ever played and i consider myself really really lucky to own one,
Get it its sweet i was about to get an EX 50 and the 400 is... 8 times better, but then i saw the f-50

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
im pretty sure the guy from THA has a gibson something

thats a good guitar but i would recommend getting an MH-400 or schecter Hellraiser FR
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
go for it. its a great guitar
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Awesome, glad to hear a lot of people digging the guitar and not having problems with it, Thanks I'll definitely be picking it up in the next month,
did you guys buy yours online or did you buy it in a store cause I haven't found a store near me that even carries ESP besides daddy's junky music, and they only had one used ESP there and it wasn't the same one I'm looking for.
if you buy it online it might get messed up...you can always return it and they send you a new one but waiting sucks
i own one myself, but its the discontinued diamond plated version. Take note EX series tend to neck dive a lot due to the placement of the front strap button causing an imbalance.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Your not the only one I'm going to get one too they look awesome and equipped with EMGs and I play metal-ish and none of my guitars have seem to satisfy me
Quote by fps0alan
Your not the only one I'm going to get one too they look awesome and equipped with EMGs and I play metal-ish and none of my guitars have seem to satisfy me

lol I'm getting the FX-400 next month. An explosion of ESP LTD buys.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
welll its a great guitar...but im getting an esp ex50...then im gonna switch the pickups after a couple of months...but yeah man...go ahead...buy it...its a mighty ax...hear my frend play one once...its great...i had a broken index on my left hand...so cudnt play...but...who cares...

listen...tis a great guitar ...specially for metal...its got the looks(i prefer this better than the bc rich warlock model)...the sound is killer...and if you wanna do sum lead in the future...illl still say get it...cause you can always get a digitech whammy pedal...one more thing...go to the store to buy it...cause it might be messed up if you buy it fro the internet...but...you can always return it,but if i were you id get it from the store...bye and break a leg with you guitar...its awsome
oh yeah, couple of things i forgot to mention, it's amazing for shredding on the lower frets, factory action was a bit high though, but, because of the massive ****ing spike coming out of the front, it limits the size of the cutaway a little, which makes it a bit hard to hit the high notes, but you can work around it with a bit o practice, and yeah it neck-dives a bit, get a wide strap.
totally get that guitar i want one but cant get one :\
don't be sad... BE GLAD!

--GUITARS--

strat takeoff
ESP LTD F-50

--AMP(S)--

(forgot)

--PEDALS--

Behringer OD 100
digitech RP300
boo yah...jsut went to the store this morning...i got the ex50...while they were setting up the action for me...i was playing a ex400...its soo nice man...although there arre two cons about these exp[lorars...they always tend to make a nose dive...and they dont fit in most of the bags...and the explorar bags are find to find(kinda)
and the hard case costs about a 100 dollars...those are the only two cons for this guitar...so i say get it!!! and its kinda affordable
id get the ex400 instead of 50. the 50 has agathais wood which isnt liked much around here. and the 400 just has overall better specs imo
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Quote by Snuffles
Get it its sweet i was about to get an EX 50 and the 400 is... 8 times better, but then i saw the f-50

You gave up a 400 series for a 50 just because of the shape?

But to TS, that's a really good guitar for what you play.
Dickless.
Quote by Holy Katana
That's a nice guitar. The LTD 400 series are good. Speaking of The Human Abstract, I'm planning on seeing them on the 30th.

****ttttttt. lucky much? where abouts?

i think my next big gig is cancer bats with support from parkway drive.

next gig gig is the dwarves.
Quote by glowskulls
****ttttttt. lucky much? where abouts?

i think my next big gig is cancer bats with support from parkway drive.

next gig gig is the dwarves.

Nashville has a HUGE metalcore scene, so just about every metalcore band stops here.

They're playing at a place called Rocketown, which is pretty much the epicenter of the whole scene.
that's so lucky mann.

i live nearabouts brighton in the uk, which does actually have a pretty big underground-ish hardcore scene, but most of the bands are constantly touring everywhere to try and get themselves a name, consequences being they don't come back much.

plus, cos it's the uk, you just get wave after wave of the same old fash indie and nu-rave bands.

or talentless scenesters who saw still remains on MTV and thought 'oh wow, i wanna be just like them.'

yeah, i'm bitter.
I actually found an ESP EX-50 that I'm really tempted to pick up but it's actually one of the models before ESP was Sued by Gibson for the explorer model looking too similar. Which means it has the rounded edges still instead of those spiked ones, its selling for 280 but I can't seem to find pictures of those models before the lawsuit. Anyone know anything about that?

Glowskulls I envy you so much just living in the UK, there's a ****load of top notch metal bands around Brighton playing all the time, Sylosis, the Haunted, Sikth, The Architects, bring me the horizon, no made sense, the list goes on. Are you into any of them?
Quote by Rufiothebandito
I actually found an ESP EX-50 that I'm really tempted to pick up but it's actually one of the models before ESP was Sued by Gibson for the explorer model looking too similar. Which means it has the rounded edges still instead of those spiked ones, its selling for 280 but I can't seem to find pictures of those models before the lawsuit. Anyone know anything about that?

Glowskulls I envy you so much just living in the UK, there's a ****load of top notch metal bands around Brighton playing all the time, Sylosis, the Haunted, Sikth, The Architects, bring me the horizon, no made sense, the list goes on. Are you into any of them?

well yeah it has the sharp edges...i prefer the sharp edges than the round ones...and yeah ive heard about that incident b4

and ;'( jsut moved to scarborough,toronto

i saw a couple of metal heads/emos/punks the rest are mostly black rappers or brown rappers...and a couple of nerdzzz(must kill nerdzzz)
Quote by Holy Katana
That's a nice guitar. The LTD 400 series are good. Speaking of The Human Abstract, I'm planning on seeing them on the 30th.

I saw them at Warped Tour in Calgary, they were awesome.

Like everyone has been saying, buy the guitar man.
stock pickups? they're EMGs! i wish they still had that one with the black diamond plate. well anyways, go for it.
Ibanez VBT700 V-Blade
Ibanez RG220B
Dean Vendetta 1.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech XMM Metal Master
Digitech RP80 Multi Effects
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Hey,

The imbalance, you can just put the strap button on the back of the neck like the Gibsons right
My gear
ESP Horizon II FR (Seymour's with coil tap)
ESP LTD Ex400
Wesley Explorer/Dominator

Ashdown Fallen Angel 40w DSP

BOSS DS-2 Turbo distortion
BOSS AC-3 Acoustic Simulator
BOSS GE-7 Equalizer
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9
The imbalance is no big deal, even with a normal levi ( nonleather) strap I don't really have any problems with the neck diving down .
And I got a jackson bag which I think was made for the Kelly/KingV type of guitars.
Orange Enthousiast.
mneh...the imbalance dusnt bother me anymore...im knda used to it now...and wat are you waiting for???? go get that guitar...and bro...dont buy online...
go to the store
Quote by numbfinger
im pretty sure the guy from THA has a gibson something

thats a good guitar but i would recommend getting an MH-400 or schecter Hellraiser FR

He playes a Les Paul and an Explorer.
Played one and it was amazing (especially for the price, and the fact i played a used one beat to hell). Get it in white (it looks amazing!).