Hi.

I'm quite a n00b with acoustic guitars so I ask you: Is there a big difference in sound depending on the strings?
G&L Legacy Special -> Line 6 TonePort GX -> Gearbox\GR2

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
i primarily play acoustic, but im not all that pro, but to me it made a huge differene in tone when i switched out the strings it came with for some d'addario heavy gauge strings, it just sounded like gold to me.
Thanks Any recommendations on good sounding strings? My ernie ball suck major arse.

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
i can't help you there, i just buy the d'addario cause theyre the cheapest at my local guitar shoppe.
eh it depends on your style, i use extra light d'addario's, i do a lot of strumming, they produce really bright sound when u first put them on. after a while they become mellow sounding which i like. good for strumming fingerpicking.
elixers even tho i havent tried yet i heard that they are really good sounding strings for fingerpicking mostly
Several people here swear by D'addario EXPs and Elixir Nanowebs. Others like Martin SPs. I personally like D'addario EXPs. It's a matter of preference, but you can't go wrong with those previously mentioned.
Absolutely. Phosphor bronze string are the kind recommended by some makers and regular strings for other. There are a lot of good strings out there by a lot of good manufacturers. Personally I prefer Martin strings. I use mainly Phosphor Bronze and prefer the Martin Marquis strings.
I use alchemy goldbronze when i have the money cause i think the sound is unbeatable and when i dont have so much money i use d'addario. they both work quite fine.
i'm one of the people that swear by d'addario exp's.

and i also think that strings can make a significant difference in tone.
If you're going to be strumming a lot, get thicker strings so they dont break too easily. mediums I guess. And I like elixir nanowebs, they've got good sound.
I'm leaning towards the Elixers. Thanks for the advice guys!

Fender DG-19 Acoustic