its generally accepted by experts in the guitar field that modelling < solid state < valve

but what about other things?

it seems like with most technology, we're progressing more towards digital than towards analogue, especially cameras, TV screens, etc.

would it be possible to make a "valve/tube" tv or camera? something that has the "soul" of an analogue piece of equipment, but the functionality of a digital one? of course they probably wouldnt have valves/tubes like amps, but the equivalent?
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Yes, wouldnt it be great if something had soul AND advanced technolegy. Well, in most cases a TV can look good but its up to a TV shows prodeucers, writers and director to give it "soul". And thats the case with most things.

Sound being an obvious exception... for now.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
organic for the win.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
i cant really think of any electronics that arent related to sound that would benefit from being analog. i mean i dont think an old ass TV is in any way better than the new flat screen LCD HD DVD ****. But when it comes to sound, analog is the way to go.

edit: but then again i definately prefer film slr cameras over digital ones.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
organic amps; made with 100% grapefruit juice?
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Quote by jeowy
organic amps; made with 100% grapefruit juice?

I mean acoustic instruments
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
whats the difference between analog and digital effects? how different do they sound?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
digital effects generally sound sterile and flat, and if they are modelling another popular analog effect, it rarely (if ever) sounds as good.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
We use tubes and analouge because they sound slightly crappy, giving them a realler sound. That made no sense, but it does if you think about it.
Vinyl and film FTW. The only reason I use digital anything is out of convenience, not preference.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by rabidguitarist
I mean acoustic instruments
you pwn me all the time, my turn :P
Quote by mr.happyman
It would be awesome but they would have to friggin huge, wich is something ppl dont want these days, and its common fact that a digital signal is a hell of alot better than an analogue signal when it comes to TV. IMO other than gutiar related equipment digital is the future.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by VoodooChild15
Vinyl and film FTW. The only reason I use digital anything is out of convenience, not preference.

I like vinyl, it really does sound awesome and practically never wears out (it's a bit fragile, though), but DVDs are really awesome. I don't like cassettes at all.

But I totally use all analog amps and stuff. Vintage FTW.

To all the people who use technology here, I'm going to go put on my bell bottoms and listen to my vinyl for a while. Maybe I'll even bust out the o'l 10inch black and white TV.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
my buddy got a fortune one time out of a fortune cookie that went

"digital systems are made from analog parts"

btw, analog all the way baby. thats what i grew up with really
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
Quote by woodenbandman

To all the people who use technology here, I'm going to go put on my bell bottoms and listen to my vinyl for a while. Maybe I'll even bust out the o'l 10inch black and white TV.

so you must be like what, 55 years old
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Apparently really good vinyl is better than anything digital, because of the whole compression factor. 180 gram virgin vinyl is like th best quality medium ever...so I've read.

Side-tracked....
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~