http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/07/12/prayer.protest.reut/index.html?iref=newssearch

I know this is somewhat old, but what the hell? I thought America was supposed to be the land of the free, with freedom of religion in the First freakin' Amendment...Why is there still religious intoleration nowadays? I'd be upset at it even if I weren't Hindu. It's the twenty-first century...humankind makes me lose hope.

/rant

discuss.
Quote by Xodah
Marry me.

Quote by ..NEM..
Awesome nickname, awesome sentence under the nickname and awesome avatar. Awesome opinion too. And awesome quote. I like you.
Some people are idiots. It's nothing that will change soon I'm afraid... unless they pass law #246A.

Three protesters disrupted a prayer by a Hindu chaplain Thursday at the opening of a Senate hearing, calling it an abomination and shouting slogans about Jesus Christ.

Slogans...?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
**** like this happens all the time. Some people in the south still are prejudice against blacks and sometime won't let them in their stores or anything like that.

Nobody listens to the 1st admentment and anybody who is against something doesn't care. Humans suck. And america, to many jackasses hurting people in some way over what they believe in. Does stuff like this happen in England? Cause I'm considering moving there.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Quote by Kensai
Some people are idiots. It's nothing that will change soon I'm afraid... unless they pass law #246A.

Slogans...?

"Jesus has an extendable neck, making it a much easier way to clean your bathroom.."
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Pedalboard
**** like this happens all the time. Some people in the south still are prejudice against blacks and sometime won't let them in their stores or anything like that.

Nobody listens to the 1st admentment and anybody who is against something doesn't care. Humans suck. And america, to many jackasses hurting people in some way over what they believe in. Does stuff like this happen in England? Cause I'm considering moving there.

nope not really.
Quote by rabidguitarist
"Jesus has an extendable neck, making it a much easier way to clean your bathroom.."

That's what I was thinking to! Like it was some commercial gimmick.

Jesus: "They're always after me lucky crucifixes!!!"
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by rabidguitarist

Yes I am from Hawaii.

It's not really a great place to live..
..but fun if you're a tourist!
FoTB Duration: June 12, 2008 - July 12, 2008
It's good to be back guys.
Fools.

I'm more worried that the Senate is opened with a prayer though. What the fuck?
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by splinter26
nope not really.

Sweet. Luckies.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Quote by Meths
Fools.

Yea, church and state is supposed to be seperate.
Quote by Meths
Fools.

Ya rly! So much for separation of church and state.

EDIT:
Also, f*ck intolerant bible humping assholes!
lol, slogans.

Commercial idiot (really ****ing happy voice Now in lemon yellow, orange orange, **** brown, and blood red!

Jesus: Buy it bitches.
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Quote by Kensai

Slogans...?

Jesus Christ! He'll pave your way to the heavenly gates! now only $19.95
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
Dont make generalizations. Everyone knows that saying one thing and doing something else is how america runs.
Not Enough AssHatery
Quote by g.siddarth

I thought America was supposed to be the land of the free, with freedom of religion in the First freakin' Amendment...

Dear Threadstarter,
Turns out the First Amendment guarantees the freedom to practice whatever religion you want without infringement from the government, not the right to practice religion without fear of intolerance from private citizens. And as it turns those three protesters were practicing their right to free speech, and their right to assembly (which you may have also read about in the first amendment). I'm not saying they're right, but there's nothing in out constitution that protects us from playa haters.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by civildp1
Dear Threadstarter,
Turns out the First Amendment guarantees the freedom to practice whatever religion you want without infringement from the government, not the right to practice religion without fear of intolerance from private citizens. And as it turns those three protesters were practicing their right to free speech, and their right to assembly (which you may have also read about in the first amendment). I'm not saying they're right, but there's nothing in out constitution that protects us from playa haters.

Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
Dear civildp1 thank you
Yes in my country you are free to make a total ass of yourself whenever you feel like it.
If an Islamic fundamentalist walked into the offices of the HNP in India and made a likewise protest how long would he live?
Big difference. We tolerate the intolerable because we have given every member of our society the right to be an ass.
Wouldn't have it any other way.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I hope I live to see the day when a Secular Humanist can read a Douglas Adams speech instead of the prayer.
Quote by Pedalboard

They just hate Americans.
freaking despicable... a Hindu man saying a prayer in the Senate.

but seriously, how'd those people get in there?
^ Bahaha! It's true!
K, yeah, this is kind of disappointing. Those people need to stfu.