Hi, Sry alrdy for this stupid question . To te point, i've got an new guitar which has seymor duncan aktive humbucker, so im asking: wthas up with the battery on the guitar, and how often i should change it, or does it need to change at all? sry, im new with these kind of a stuff. be gentle.
its called Active.

Yea you should change it, the signal will get weak i guess, i don't have one but I can imagine.

theyll last a long time as long and you dont keep the guitar plugged in when not playing.
They are said to last 3000 hours of playing. I hope you play metal.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
well, how i can notice if the singal is weak? :S And yes, i play metal
Quote by SamiFIN

if it gets quieter or less distorted.
Quote by Kevin97220
dont keep the guitar plugged in when not playing.

LISTEN TO THIS GUY.

With active pickups, the circuit stays active as long as your guitar is plugged in. This will waste your batteries when you're not playing.
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"
I don't have a guitar with active pickups, so I can't really tell you what it'll sound like with a weak signal, but I'd assume you'll be able to tell because it may sound quieter and kind of thinner or not as good quality sound..
Quote by SamiFIN
im new with these kind of a stuff. be gentle.

On what, English?

that being said...Unplug the guitar when not playing, and change it at least 2x a year.
I mean c'mon, 2 batteries a year...not very expensive
our bassists active pickups ran out of battery power about an hour into practice

thus wasting the other hour leaving us not practicing seriously

moral of the story:ALWAYS have extra batteries

or i will come for you! :P
www.myspace.com/adayoverdue

GEAR-
Guitars-
Ibanez SA260lh
Epiphone SG-black lefthand
Vintage Metal Axxe
Westfield Les Paul copy

Pedals
BOSS Metal Core
BOSS TU2
BOSS NS2
BOSS BF3 Flanger

BOSS BCB60

Amp
Orange Dual Terror head
And don't forget that Duracells have a different tone quality than Energizers.

LOL. Just kidding. I second the suggestion to keep a spare battery in your case with you.
Quote by SamiFIN

The tone degenerates quite a lot, they sound quieter and somehow distorted (in a bad way) even on clean and eventually they'll cut out.

The battery type is a 9v (the square ones), and they last for ages, the posters above are right when they say you'll only need to change them twice a year, but you can bet that it will be when you're playing a gig or only 10 minutes into rehearsal, so always have a backup, passive guitar with you, or a spare battery if you can be bothered to mess with it at the time.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by sunnysayshi
Shall I get a guitar with actives or passives? I play classic rock and some metal.

I'd get some good high-end passives, the right set will do classic rock much better than a set of actives will.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by sunnysayshi
What are actives bes for?

Metal. They do high gain well and that's about it, you can't get a very good clean tone out of them because the output is too high and they're too modern sounding for blues and jazz.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
If you are SMART you will buy either

1.) Those energizers the last FOREVER

or

2.) The energizers that can be recharged.

Plus, always keep some batteries your gig bag somewhere.
John Petrucci

The one and only god.