a while back I asked for advice on a guitar, and said I would be playing lead guitar...well it looks like for some times I will be the only guitar, playing both rythm and lead (basically just solos). I will probably get a vox ac30, I am just wondering which guitar to get, an epiphone les paul (probablu standard plus) or a fender standard telecaster. I will play from rock to punk. any suggestions are welcome.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
...Whatever tones you like best.

Try them both out on a vox ac30 and see which one you like best. Also, how far are you from purchasing all of this equipment?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I am quite a bit away. I think that by the end of the year. maybe around november I will get the amp, and by christmas probably get the guitar.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
I assume since you are getting a Vox AC 30 then it's not extremely heavy rock you will be doing. Either guitar will work well for you but you might find the nice snap of the Tele and the feel of the neck will do you better. Just preference, try both of course with the amp you intend to use if at all possible.

If made out of the proper woods you will find that the Les Paul will be warmer and meatier, the tele snappier and have more cut. Of course you can change all this with pedals, pickups etc. Just make sure you don't buy one type of guitar and then spend a bunch of money with add-ons trying to make it sound like the other. Hehe.
ok, thanks
Quote by RetroGunslinger