The dogs only hear us now

I googled it, no luck
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe

Quote by symington
do you mean chops?

Probably, I dont know what im talking about.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe

chops is kind of hard to explain. In brass instruments its the ability to hit high notes and play long. In drumming its how good you are with your hands. With guitar its how good you are at picking, how fast your fingers are, how accurate your fingers are ETC.
Epi Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT
What you're most likely looking for is when you come down hard on a string/chord but at the same time using excessive palm muting. It takes a bit to learn but it has a definitive "chopping" sound when done correctly.

Hopefully this is what you're looking for.
Quote by LmidgitD
What you're most likely looking for is when you come down hard on a string/chord but at the same time using excessive palm muting. It takes a bit to learn but it has a definitive "chopping" sound when done correctly.

Hopefully this is what you're looking for.

Naw, Agresive gots it.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
basic, if you are the greatest f****** guitarist in the world, you've got chops.
if you totally suck, you are chops-less.
-Gibson SG Faded
-Behringer HB01 Wah (I realize it sucks, but i have no money right now)
-Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
-Ibanez CF-7 Chorus/Flanger
-I'm not gonna list my amp until I get a decent one
No, you're all wrong. It was a stamp that they used in ancient China to sign their name. If they wanted a package fedexed on 2-day, they'd do 2 chops. Hence the 'chop chop' when people want you to hurry up.

Duh.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
No, you're all wrong. It was a stamp that they used in ancient China to sign their name. If they wanted a package fedexed on 2-day, they'd do 2 chops. Hence the 'chop chop' when people want you to hurry up.

Duh.

I always wondered where that came from. I learned something new today!
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Or you could be thinking of a reggae/ska chop, where you quickly play and mute a chord.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.