So, I'm switching to heavier gauge strings (10s to 11s), and I'll probably need to adjust my truss rod.. Well, I can't seem to fit a screw driver in that little hole on the pickguard so I guess I'll have to take the pickguard off. Anywho, when I have the 11s stringed up and tuned to my preferred tuning pitch (half step down), and I start adjusting my truss rod, do I tighten it or loosen it to make the neck flatter? (I'll be making very small turns and check tuning and neck bow with a feeler gauge between each adjustment.) Any advice would be good.
i say, lace that baby up. it probably won't need a truss adjustment. i would take it with you to the shop, when you buy strings, and ask them about it. chances are, they'll install the new strings and check-out your action, and intonation. if you buy some stuff they'll do it for free. if not, they may charge you. but a pro set-up is worth the money!!
Please for the love of god. DOn't adjust the truss rod on a 1962 stratocaster! That is a freaking nice guitar.. or so it sounds.... The only time you adjust the truss rod is from 9 to 12's or something crazy like that.
My Gear
Gibson Les Paul 58 Historic Reissue
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Big Muff Soviet Version
Fender Cybertwin 360w
The only time you adjust your truss rod is when your neck relief is off, or by your own preference, not just strictly because you move from a gauge to another.

So measure your neck relief 1st, then only you see whether you need to adjust it. Turning it counterclockwise loosens it (bows the neck more) and vice versa.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
If it's a real '62 strat, you'll have to take the neck off to adjust it. And if it needed to be flatter, tighten it.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm getting the strings by mail, and I'm 50 miles from a guitar shop, so I have do to do all the setup-ing myself. If it needs adjusting, I'll adjust it to factory setup relief (.010")
Quote by tubab0y
If it's a real '62 strat, you'll have to take the neck off to adjust it. And if it needed to be flatter, tighten it.

Why take the neck off?
^ depends where your truss rod nut is, some are at the back of the neck like so
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic