what i mean is take a song like St. Patrick's Day by Mayer.now acoustic you can just strumm away but that never sounds as good on an electric epecially clean.so houw would you play an acoustic song on electric?
I dont wanna be the one to say forgive me,to beg you to relive me.
oh i know but i mean if you wanna get that electric sound on an acoustic song.be it a clean electric or semi distorted or whatever.
I dont wanna be the one to say forgive me,to beg you to relive me.
Depends on the guitar, I like to use a single coil with the tone rolled back a bit for acoustic stuff. Humbuckers are gonna have trouble getting that thinner sound.
Dickless.
The way I do it is just use barre / power chords to rock it up a bit. Even playing along to the acoustic versions it always sounds good if you do it right. Just have the elec as a background guitar, don't over power the acoustic with it.
Quote by ARCtrooper225
It's the same instrument, you play it the same. Unless I'm misunderstanding the question.

This, folks, is why it's reccommended that you read beyond the thread title.
I guess you could embellish the chords some. Maybe arpeggiate them, or play chord-tone notes over top of them with licks here and there.
Quote by try
what i mean is take a song like St. Patrick's Day by Mayer.now acoustic you can just strumm away but that never sounds as good on an electric epecially clean.so houw would you play an acoustic song on electric?

If you don't like the clean tone then don't use it, play it on an accoustic all the time, even live you can use an acoustic with a piezo pickup or mic'd up, put it on a stand and you're good to go.

Or, in a more extreme manner of going about it, you could fit you electric with a piezo system and A/B your electric tone with an acoustic amp for the piezo.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
When I play acoustic songs on electric I tend to go for a clean sound as too much overdrive clutters the mix and you can't really hear all the notes ringing out.
Saying that some songs just don't translate well from acoustic to electric (and vice versa)
If you're only reason for going electric is volume than mic up your acoustic or get one with a pickup in it (my Ibanez acoustic has an active eq which lets you shape the tone really nicely when plugging in)
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Acoustic stuff will always translate directly to clean electric, and generally vice versa. YOu ony have the problem when trying to transpose an acoustic song to dirty electric, or the other way round...certain chord voicings sound downright nasty with a distorted tone, likewise 2 note powerchords sound pathetic on an acoustic, in those situations you need to start rearranging things.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
To play acoustic on my strat, I play with the middle+neck or middle+bridge pickups...it gives it a....less...electric sound.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell