i just got a Gibson SG and the only problem with it is that the cover of the D-string Machine head on the back is off, revealing the gear and stuff.

i went to a music store, and they gave me one from an Epiphone (they didn't have the one i needed) for 10 bucks. the only problem is that it does have some differences, that i could certainly do without.

then, i thought i could put the back back on, and it would work fine, which it would, if i could figure out what to attach it with. i was going to use super glue, but i don't have any. what other things could i use?

one thing i have is Duco Cement* (that's like glue, but i'm not sure if I should use that)

would super glue even work?

Thank you to whoever helps me.

btw: Duco cement is not like cement you pour in the ground
-Gibson SG Faded
-Behringer HB01 Wah (I realize it sucks, but i have no money right now)
-Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
-Ibanez CF-7 Chorus/Flanger
-I'm not gonna list my amp until I get a decent one
I wouldn't recommend sticking a guitar back together with cement. The super glue will probably do the trick, but you need to be careful that it doesn't mess with the gears.
Why did you need a new cover? Did you lose the old one?

I would not reccomend using glue of any sort, the cover is the wrong brand and doesn't fit, that is that.

Try to order a new cover, either from the store or online, if you can't do that I'd suggest getting a whole new tuner off of ebay (shouldn't cost that much) or allparts or rsguitarworks or something.

If all else fails, just leave the cover off.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
i didnt get a new cover. they gave me a whole new machine head, and that's because the old
cover broke off.
but i had to return the other one becaue it wasn't right.
and i would order a new one, but, i kind of want to have it fixed by sunday morning. and you cant order a single one, you'd have to get a set of 6.
and leaving it off, won't work.

so i tried the duco cement, and it wouldn't stay, even after i left it over night.

so now, i'm going to get some super glue that will work.

i've wanted a gibson SG for my whole life, and i don't intend to have a machine head stop my from playing it.

just out of curiosity, is it possible to weld it back together.
-Gibson SG Faded
-Behringer HB01 Wah (I realize it sucks, but i have no money right now)
-Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
-Ibanez CF-7 Chorus/Flanger
-I'm not gonna list my amp until I get a decent one