So, how good are they? I mean theyre chep and i dont trust them cuz a FR trem system costs 150 dollars
And that Whole speedloader system? can You de tune with that?
ONLY THE FIRST THREE GUITARS
Some some help would be great
Member of the "Defenders of Emo,PM eckman88 to join "

Founder Of The Artcore/Hollow Body Users Club PM me to join

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.
The tremolo is probably at least okay on them, but the guitars themselves probably suck, however I have never played on of them.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
A few weeks ago they were $300. I like them, better snatch them up while you can.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Reincaster
A few weeks ago they were $300. I like them, better snatch them up while you can.

But Can U de tune them. Thats what i want to know
Well now that sucks. The black HH one is 419 DOLLARS!!!!!!!
God they make the good colors expensive

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.
I don't think so. There aren't many speed loader type guitars than can detune, if any.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

do they have predrop strings? or something

Quote by Chuck Norris
They have different gauges, that may detune the guitar by all strings though.

If you want to detune frequently, you aren't looking for a speedloader.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Sigh, cuz it is soo cheap and i wanted a guitar that i could drop to like drop C# and play metal with it cuz it has a Floyd Rose and i LOVE whammy bar solos

Quote by Chuck Norris
If you're only going to use the whammy bar for solos, like single notes and stuff, it might be worth it for you to cheack out a digitech whammy pedal. It doesn't sound exactly like one, but you can get some pretty crazy sounds with it.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by Arlabester
whammy bar solos are for people who cant play solos.

Vai's got a few whammy bar solos under his belt. So does Satch and Van Halen.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Osz5c4GItLQ
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Last edited by Reincaster at Jul 19, 2007,
Well at least use it or like small whammy stuff kinda like what eddy does in eruption or use it for WHAMMY HARMONICS, which blow my mind by there high piched squekyness

Quote by Chuck Norris
I have a floyd rose redmond model 4 - it's the USA built floyd rose guitar that the discovery series is modelled on.

The redmonds are fantastic guitars, excellent build quality, great hardware, the neck is a dream to play on, and they sound great - mine is high output humbuckers but they are very clear and clean up very well. The speedloader is produced in germany like all other OFR's and is as they say rock stable for tuning.

My only problem has been that finding strings at a reasonable price in the UK is a nightmare - thankfully Thomann sells them for about £5 a set, but it has forced me to get a credit card and buy in bulk, something I can't do at the moment so the guitar isn't being played at the moment...

The discovery series is made in Korea, but according to Floyd himself it's still high quality. I've not played or seen any guitars so I'm not sure what this means, but the price tag is great. I believe the speedloader on those is in fact built in korea, but it's not licensed, it's still by floyd rose, so should be of a high enough quality.

Any other floyd rose guitar at $150 will have some crappy floyd rose copy that has soft metal, so I reckon even if you plan to replace the pickups these guitars will still be very worthwhile.

If you want tuning stability then a speedloader is the way to go. If you want to change tunings regularly then you can't do it without having to re-set everything. They are easier to set up than a standard floyd rose, but it still takes time, if you are just gonna keep it in drop C then that's fine. Otherwise you're better off with a hard tail.
Oh and in terms of strings and tuning:

Floyd and Dean Markely make strings in a variety of guages, standard and hybrid, so you have a good choice of what to use.

When you put the strings on you lock off the tremelo with a bit inside the spring bit, so the guitar is set for dive bombs only and the trem doesn't float, and set it so that the trem is at the desired height. You put the fine tuners in the middle, then adjust the tuner rangefinder bits so the strings are in the desired tuning. You can also intonate then, but that's a bit of an arse to do... Then when in tune refloat and tighten the springs on the back until the strings are back in tune - it's actually quite a simple process, and providing you stick to the same guage of strings you shouldn't have to do this every string change.

To fine tune there are the fine tuners like on a standard floyd rose.
I think Arla is thinking about players like Kerry King
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by mw7
I think Arla is thinking about players like Kerry King

Kerry King > you lol

Quote by Arlabester

Would love you to have said that to Dimebag Darrel
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
Kerry King > you lol

Would love you to have said that to Dimebag Darrel

dimebag didnt really wank either. he just used them for screams.
Quote by Arlabester

I gotta disagree with that :/

It's like people who say Drop tunings are for people who can't play..
Quote by tubab0y

what?

what did you just say?

^^no. drop tuning is used for a darker or heavier sound. i just dont like when all people do is wank on the whammy. thats what i mean. i like it when people accentuate a harmonic, or a note to make it sound really cool, but when its just pumping the bar up and down? no. that doesnt really take any skill.
^^ I didn't want to say it first but that's pretty much blasphemy, EVH is a legend, so what if he is a bit of an alcy and is endorsing everything he can nowadays, he has the right to. He can play, and he writes great songs. Not everyone gets the whole 'feel good' van halen pop thing, but it's still good music. I think 1984 demonstrates that very well - Jump, Panama and Hot For Teacher, all great songs.
Quote by Arlabester
what?

what did you just say?

^^no. drop tuning is used for a darker or heavier sound. i just dont like when all people do is wank on the whammy. thats what i mean. i like it when people accentuate a harmonic, or a note to make it sound really cool, but when its just pumping the bar up and down? no. that doesnt really take any skill.

Oh God then yeah I agree..

Whammy harmonics = Very cool.

Random whammy bar raping - Not cool.

Loooooong-ass divebombs = Absolutely ****ing awesome. (After the solo on Anthem - Trivium)

Quote by Untitled001
Oh God then yeah I agree..

Whammy harmonics = Very cool.

Random whammy bar raping - Not cool.

Loooooong-ass divebombs = Absolutely ****ing awesome. (After the solo on Anthem - Trivium)

Vai wanks on it all day, and uses it as a picking technique. I think it's cool though, adds an extreme vibrato type thing.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

I use my floyd to vibrato chords, and give accents to notes. A few random squeels here and there, maybe a divebomb or the dirtbike thing, possibly the elephant noise, but nothing more than that.

You gotta be able to play without a trem to deserve to play with one.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio