ok, so I have the dimarzio multibucker, which is two minihumbuckers in one, here's the link: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-Multibucker-Pickup?sku=302752

I'm gonna be putting it in the lap steel im building but I dont have much experience with wiring. It has a black, white, green, red and bare wire, and the black and red are for one humbucker and the green and white are for the other, and the bare is for grounding. I just have a standard 3-way switch, a volume pot and tone pot, and output jack. If anybody with more experience could help me, it'd really be appreciated.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
because i'd like more tonal options, and the multibucker definately has that. but if i dont like it after awhile i will probably switch it out.
Quote by allislost
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
yeah, i forgot to mention that i had already looked at the site, and googled "multibucker wiring diagram" but couldn't find anything. apparently it's an old model, but when i go to the discontinued section on the dimarzio website, it's not there either. the two mini's are the DP181 and the DP184. they have wiring for those seperate pickups, but not both together.
Quote by allislost
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
hey thanks alot, that really helped, but i have one last question. so far of all the other dimarzio diagrams and such point to soldering the north wires together and the south wires together and then soldering those bundles to the switch. i think this because the whole 'bucker already has a bare wire for grounding. maybe i'm completely wrong.
Quote by allislost
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Quote by aetherspear
hey thanks alot, that really helped, but i have one last question. so far of all the other dimarzio diagrams and such point to soldering the north wires together and the south wires together and then soldering those bundles to the switch. i think this because the whole 'bucker already has a bare wire for grounding. maybe i'm completely wrong.

That would just effectively give you two coils in parallel, which isn't what you want here.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
thanks, i just really don't know anything about wiring. good thing i'm taking some electronics classes next year.
Quote by allislost
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Quote by aetherspear
thanks, i just really don't know anything about wiring. good thing i'm taking some electronics classes next year.

It's not too hard to pick up really, lots of reading is where it's at. There's plenty of good sites floating around the internet about pickups and related stuff.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
wow, i'm still unsure. I have like 4 different wiring diagrams that all seem right (including the one in this thread) but i'm still a bit confused. I think this question will solve all my problems. Regarding the diagram in this thread, If i have the 3-way switch in the center position, will all 4 coils be active (which is what i would like)?
Quote by allislost
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Yes, the top two will be in series, as will the bottom two. The top two will be connected in parallel with the bottom two. Kind of like a Les Paul.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club